Stevens line/strain

Good, sensible comments, lads, thanks.

I've heard that this strain has extrordinary hunting instinct ? Failures of course, and no superdog just terriers, but the ones that go are belters.

Suprised no one has picked me up on my comment about them having white markings, sounds a bit divvy now i read it back lol

It's just that my mate tells me i must have seen some of these dogs, and i'm trying to get a picture in me minds eye.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble but nick stevens doesn't keep terriers enymore, he was in my opinion disapionted with how the whole hunting sceen was going plus he had lost control of how the strain was being bred by every numpty in country.

I

Very sad, if thats correct.

Another good working line down the swannie !

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are 1 or 2 boys left that have some of the strong line off him but as for digging to them when they have milk teeth i wouldn't say so even the man himself used to have failures?same as any line

There are still people who have pure Stevens stuff,...they are good terriers,...some are culls, and some are good, just like any line,...some are harder, some are bayers...Stevens favoured a bayer any

Iv'e read some of the comments. Sent six dogs to u.s.a. 1 to WA, 1 to TN, 1 to OK, 2 to CO, 1 to help a job in OK. 3 I bred and 3 of my breeding. Used 6 outside dogs Poker, Warlock, Gin, Dingo, Barney

Posted Images

brought a dog up here a good few years ago now. patt/russell. if i remember right it came from around barrow inn furness. the fella i got him off wrote a few articles in a terrier lurcher mag under the non de plume SAXON. It was from either malic or mayhem. and a chapman bitch. a dog called tyson russell type caused a bit of a stushy at a couple of shows up here as he often got pulled out dispite having a light eye putty nose ad rose ears. the working lads just couldnt see bby him :laugh: anyway he entered well and just got better and better although he was a little on the hard side and took a power of damage. he ended up like so many other terriers being owned by a moron. he wasnt allowed time to heal and was worked sore. he was in my opinion the one in a lifetime sort and i asked the lad to give the dog time off to heal as i new the dog was a do or die sort and i wanted to cover a bitch with him. to cut a long story short he never the dog died and i never got a line off him.

if this dogs style was from the stevens side then i would say they must be a decent sort :toast:

I've heard that this strain has extrordinary hunting instinct ? Failures of course, and no superdog just terriers, but the ones that go are belters.

Suprised no one has picked me up on my comment about them having white markings, sounds a bit divvy now i read it back lol

It's just that my mate tells me i must have seen some of these dogs, and i'm trying to get a picture in me minds eye.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble but nick stevens doesn't keep terriers enymore, he was in my opinion disapionted with how the whole hunting sceen was going plus he had lost control of how the strain was being bred by every numpty in country.

I

God you are always bursting bubbles on here busterdog you have spoilt my evening :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

There are still people who have pure Stevens stuff,...they are good terriers,...some are culls, and some are good, just like any line,...some are harder, some are bayers...Stevens favoured a bayer anyway,...one things for sure, the dogs that ive seen from this line that do make the grade, are stayers!...i think the dogs got a little small compared to the older stuff in the end, but there you go...

Kye,..

• Like 1
Guest busterdog

:whistling:

I

God you are always bursting bubbles on here busterdog you have spoilt my evening :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Hey up drifter, if you could only have seen my ten page essay i wrote first!!! couldn't not rise to the bate.I used spell check and some how canceled it all, probably for the best it would have made you all feel inadequate :whistling:;)

:whistling:

I

Hey up drifter, if you could only have seen my ten page essay i wrote first!!! couldn't not rise to the bate.I used spell check and some how canceled it all, probably for the best it would have made you all feel inadequate :whistling:;)

Sorry buster i will go and write some lines I AM INADEQUATE....... I AM INADEQUATE... LOL Funny you should say that my missis tells me the same lol :whistling::icon_redface:

Guest busterdog
There are still people who have pure Stevens stuff,...they are good terriers,...some are culls, and some are good, just like any line,...some are harder, some are bayers...Stevens favoured a bayer anyway,...one things for sure, the dogs that ive seen from this line that do make the grade, are stayers!...i think the dogs got a little small compared to the older stuff in the end, but there you go...

Kye,..

Does this sound familiar Mr Nuttal DE'JAVU, i think the same crap goes around and around :rolleyes:

Sire: Alan Cocker black dog

Dam: Nick Stevens black bitch

Both parents straight from the men themselves

This pup still has its milk teeth and if it didnt get rushed then i could go out now and dig it, and i should know because accidents happen. She is on her lead most of the time because when she gets near an earth that is occupied she just wants to go and i mean go!

DSCN0507.jpg

Guest busterdog

Webby don't no who told you that, nick has one bitch a small red grizzle named dolly i know because i gave it to him,

NO BLACK BITCH ?

Edited by busterdog

This pup still has its milk teeth and if it didnt get rushed then i could go out now and dig it, and i should know because accidents happen. She is on her lead most of the time because when she gets near an earth that is occupied she just wants to go and i mean go!

DSCN0507.jpg

had a couple of dogs from a fella of the same name. many many years ago kept some good dogs then :victory:

DSCN0507.jpg

had a couple of dogs from a fella of the same name. many many years ago kept some good dogs then :victory:cocker that is

The dam to the pup is about 5 years old, from when Nick was with the dorset hunt. I know this because i am friends with the breeder and one of his mates owns the sire. the white coat is a throw back from Cocker's breeding

Kye,..

Does this sound familiar Mr Nuttal DE'JAVU, i think the same crap goes around and around :rolleyes:

I dont know why you quoted my post with that, nor do i understand your comment mate!?...

Thats a nice looking white and black type there...surly though, BOTH parents would have to have white blood IN them for it to appear in a litter again?...

Cockers breeding threw another pup like this a few years ago, so i am told. im going to ring him to confirm it. and try to sort another black pup for next year or the year after

Edited by webby