So You Want to Be a Pest Controller.....?

Hello

I don't know much about this side of pest control - moles are my thing - so sorry if this a bit obvious! What are the worm-like things in the centre of the picture? Is something caught or part of the bait?

Bob G

Just some paste bait i squirted on the attractant sachet to entice a few more cockroaches into the monitor trap. ;)

Rolfe

you forget that there are many people living with cockroaches in their homes ,how they could i just dont know as im sat here scratching as i type ,keep it up rolfe looks like your doing a great job .

ps wonder what they are like in a stir fry :wacko: with a few noodles

looks like you have a job on your hands there Rolfe

how many visits will it take to get rid of them all.

atb gaz

Usually.......4/5..including initial monitoring.........but can take longer ;)

Guest traceyg

Rolfe is it true you should go in the dark and shine a torch under the cupboards then they all drop down . COCK roaches why that name :icon_eek: . keep up the good work .Hope you washed your hands mucky bugger :tongue2:

Rolfe is it true you should go in the dark and shine a torch under the cupboards then they all drop down . COCK roaches why that name :icon_eek: . keep up the good work .Hope you washed your hands mucky bugger :tongue2:

It's true that shining a light does make them scarper.......they love dark places (bit like me ;) ) There are a lot of COCKS in the insect world....Cockchaffer is another one. What about the nursery ryhme "Ride a Cock-Horse To Banbury Cross" but perhaps we hadn't ought to pursue that one ;);) ;) :whistling:

As for washing your hands i always wear rubber gloves when carrying out any work that involves insecticides etc. But Mucky Bugger........oh yes. ;):yes:

Rolfe.

nice going Steve , you must be near the source /nest by the amount of nymph,s that are on the glue board , can I take an educated guess ?? was that glue board behind the fridge ?? best regards Steve (ps : got to go now and do a second visit for mice in a ladies house , this evening at 6: 30 pm , definatley not a 9 to 5 job being a pestie )

Close Mate.........that glue-board was under the sink........always a good place to put one, but the one under the dishwasher contained the most nymphs....warm and humid and greasy i suppose. ;)