Guest buster321c

Oh bugger , well at least you tried . I was talkin to a guy who works in that trading estate by the old Little chef and he said theres quite a few rabbits there , at the back of the little chef , and the farm is just past Yates`s on the left ...................i was gonna pop in , but your welcome to give it a try if you want

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bugger , well at least you tried . I was talkin to a guy who works in that trading estate by the old Little chef and he said theres quite a few rabbits there , at the back of the little chef , and the farm is just past Yates`s on the left ...................i was gonna pop in , but your welcome to give it a try if you want

, its his land we got permission at the back of the church for, Tim i think the blokes called but theres nothing there , thats the problem

I do know where you mean the back of the little chef , couldnt use a dog though have to be nets i would think , the old mans been a root round up there oddly enough in the last couple of months , could give him a try again if your not fussed about it

Guest buster321c

, its his land we got permission at the back of the church for, Tim i think the blokes called but theres nothing there , thats the problem

I do know where you mean the back of the little chef , couldnt use a dog though have to be nets i would think , the old mans been a root round up there oddly enough in the last couple of months , could give him a try again if your not fussed about it

Its worth a try Kay , go and see , ive got enough to keep me busy for a while .

Its worth a try Kay , go and see , ive got enough to keep me busy for a while .

I will give it a try thanks :thumbs:

Guest Scuba1
This time of year Kay, you may find them not really attracting many birds.....but i wouldnt worry about them melting......

Shall i just get some seed then ? or wont they bother much with that either

to be perfectly candid Kay , i have never had much faith in fat balls for anything save tits. i know soem others have had good results, but not I.

the very best food for birds (garden birds|) from now until september is live food...but its just so darn expensive.....

Thats good enough or not ( snigger )

Atb

Michael

This time of year Kay, you may find them not really attracting many birds.....but i wouldnt worry about them melting......

to be perfectly candid Kay , i have never had much faith in fat balls for anything save tits. i know soem others have had good results, but not I.

the very best food for birds (garden birds|) from now until september is live food...but its just so darn expensive.....

Thats good enough or not ( snigger )

Atb

Michael

Well lets face it the mere mention of tits & fat balls gets me smiling , i have learned to choose my phrases carefully since the tongue incident :laugh:

fecking jackdaws love mine - they swing the bird feeders about till the seed falls out then feed off the floor .. live food i just dig over a section of the garden the blackbirds love me when i get the spade out ... pigeons are getting a pain shite every feckin whr :wallbash: .. i managed to get a pair of ringdoves nesting in my dovecote this year aswell :notworthy: Edited by the_stig

I have had no interest in my offerings as yet but its early days , the second i see a bird on the fat balls i will be like Peggy when they told her she was to become a red coat in Hi De Hi :laugh::laugh:

Keep at it, the birds will come, they are just warey at first, just keep putting the feed out. ;)

I will , once the seeds for my wildflowers get going it might bring some bees & flutterbys as well

Red Valerian Kay for the Flutterbys......can't get any better...

is it a plant ? and out of interest is that the stuff you give dogs to calm them with skullcap ?

• 2 weeks later...
I have hung some fat balls out in the garden as were inundated with song birds for the first time in donkeys yrs here, i want to know has anyone had any experience of them melting in the sun thats all really
you cant beat a pair of tits round your fat balls first thing in a morning or early evening its just a bit to early in the year to expect a swallow though .. :whistling:

Kay, its a flower. i had some seed but god only knows where its gone!!!

and.....i reckon you wont get a bird on them fat balls until AT LEAST november......possibly never. They are the most over-rated item lol.....JMO..JD