Who here likes the Legend

BlueCoyote,was that not a band they formed & toured with? Orange Blossom Special & San Quentin,along with A Boy named Sue are classics.In fact the more ive mellowed,the more i listen to him.The concert in San Quentin is a classic.I seen a good tribute band about 2 yr ago when i was working away.

they called themselves "the highwaymen".

Edited by YOKEL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The man in black will live on for ever. My favorite is good old "ring of fire", then maybe "rock island line". Kay, I also like the Lonnie Donegan version. First heard it on a EP called showcase which my elder brother bought years ago. Another JC favorite which you don't seem to hear much is "highwayman".

The man in black will live on for ever. My favorite is good old "ring of fire", then maybe "rock island line". Kay, I also like the Lonnie Donegan version. First heard it on a EP called showcase which my elder brother bought years ago. Another JC favorite which you don't seem to hear much is "highwayman".

I also like '' bring a little water '' by Lonnie Donegan not heard anyone else sing that cant find a recording of it either

I also like '' bring a little water '' by Lonnie Donegan not heard anyone else sing that cant find a recording of it either

Kay, I have that track too. It's on a cheapo from e-bay. Called Lonnie Donegan, "King of Skiffle", cheesy picture of him about 18 years old I reckon!! It's a cd by Castle pulse, a sanctuary records label. The number is PLS CD 539. 19 of Lonnies best in my opinion. If you have no luck, pm me and I will get daughter to copy it for you.

Kay, I have that track too. It's on a cheapo from e-bay. Called Lonnie Donegan, "King of Skiffle", cheesy picture of him about 18 years old I reckon!! It's a cd by Castle pulse, a sanctuary records label. The number is PLS CD 539. 19 of Lonnies best in my opinion. If you have no luck, pm me and I will get daughter to copy it for you.

Oh nice one Geoff i will try to see if Amazon have it :thumbs:

Guest foxyjo.
WE'LL MY PAPA LEFT HOME WHEN I WAS THREE, HE NEVER LEFT

MUCH FOR ME MA AND ME, CEPT THIS OLD GUITAR AND AN EMPTY BOTTLE

OF BOOOZE :big_boss:

:D Yep! That'll be my favourite too - makes me smile everytime I hear it. "Hurt" is wonderful, very emotive. But I loves it all!!

True legend. I get a few funny looks from the lads when I put him on, but have managed to convert a couple. I have too many favourites to name. When I was over in America hog hunting with Gary Hosker he told me a story that one of his friends that he hunts with told him. The guys an old fellow called Jim Motsinger and he says that Jonnie Cash and Willie Nelson were touring and due to play a gig near them so Jim wrote to them and asked them if they would like to have a days hog hunting with him and his buddies and guess what Jonnie and Willie turned up in the biggest uv they had ever seen and hunted with them. How many of todays stars would do that? I don't know if this is a true story, but I have no reason to disbelieve it. When you listen to his lyrics, he was a real man and I would like to believe that this is something he would have done.

I heard a tale that Nelson spent a fortune on his town when he hit big time,,when he was nearly bankrupt by the revenue the town chipped in to bail him out and save his house...is it true?