sea fishing in pembs

Is caerfai the beach i mentioned in a post where you turn off by the tourist info place,goes to a dead end with a car park by a caravan site?,i know the name but can't place it mate.That tug boat wreck place should be fishing well about now(it's between solva and st davids where the pink gallery is,you can park there as well and follow the path down,go left when you reach the beach,not on the path but keep close to the sea your'll have to do a bit of climbing over rocks but worth it)take some mullet gear as well as they show up quite often,so should Solva headland be seeing a few fish by now.If you loose any tackle there go back on a low tide and your'll be able to pick it back up,the pebble beach on the left of the headland has allways drawn a blank with myself and a few other lads that have tried it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the place mate. I live in Lincs now so don't get there as often as I'd like to, maybe only once a year now, tops. That boat wreck sounds a good spot, next time i'm that way on i'll try and look it out.

Edited by Murph
  • 4 weeks later...
dat tug boat place was pants dunno if was a bad tide or wat. wanna go out on a boat soon any ideas where dont wanna go charter boat but wouldnt mind bunging sum 1 20 quid any ideas

I've allways fished there when the tide was out mate but as we all know nothing in this game is 100% but i have caught there myself,an hour - hour and a half before and after high tide should see mackeral caught just about anywhere along that coastline off the rocks.I went out last week on the norfolk coast and spent my whole time wishing i was over there,a weaver fish and a small stary smoothhound was all i caught in a full days fishing :angry: .Aaron is that place the flat rock on the left hand side of the bay?,if so next time take a second rod and drop out a head and guts set up as there's some very good sized bull huss there to be had day or night.Screwball i'd try to find a place where they launch boats and get there early with your gear and try to blag a place on a private boat,plenty of folks will be getting out there at the moment,the bay i've mentioned through st davids bear left and at the bottom of the hill has a launch ramp and i have seen a lot of small boats leave from there could be worth a try mate.

Well done bud,allways worth dropping a line for a conger off of there at night.A cast to the right off of the head towards the small beach with a fish bait has seen me catch flounder there,i've even had launce just to the right of the head using small little prawn hokia and used them for bass bait.The rocks on the very right of the main beach are well worth a spin for a bass first thing in the morning as the tide comes up and starts to cover them,spinning for pollock with a 1 or 2oz bomb a 18" trace then a frozen sand eel bait elastic'd on to the hook is one of my favourite ways of fishing that coast.