How Much To Get A Fert Castrated <- (Spelling)

paid 100 quid for my hob to be castrated.................................Also i was told after the op that it aint 100% going to work!

£100 for a 'castration'!!!???....................don't go back to that vet!

'Castration' is pretty much guaranteed to work, mate!

Are you certain your vet didn't mean 'vasectomised'? Castration involves the complete removal of the testicles, so if it's done even halfway competently there's absolutely no chance of failure.......................you did make certain your vet can count to 'two', didn't you? :hmm:

This is ferretmaniac here. Yea he just snipped the tubes to the testicles. Didnt remove though hole sherbang becuase then he wouldnt even do any service!

£40 in Dundee for either castration or vasectomy, same price. Just had 2 of mine castrated and one snipped.

Who do you use mate? Steves missus took my hob for castration to the vets in Blair...............apparently, Blackness has a decent ferret-friendly surgery?

£40 in Dundee for either castration or vasectomy, same price. Just had 2 of mine castrated and one snipped.

Who do you use mate? Steves missus took my hob for castration to the vets in Blair...............apparently, Blackness has a decent ferret-friendly surgery?

Parkside we are with them for our horses and were recommended them by a friend with ferrets after being quoted £60-80 elsewhere.

Not sure where this one is but it is out by B+Q it's the main surgery right out the kingways, I only really know Ian Hunter the horse vet there. I'm not from these parts and rarely use vets with the dogs or ferrets if need a dog vet I go to the track vet in Fife so I've not realy had much to do with many vets around here.

round here its castrated £20 versectomy £45 atb

I get my ferts from the rescue place. £10 donation and they are vet checked and castrated or speyed. Bargain!

Always get a "this" or "last years" one and they'll work for you no probs .

(obviously given the right treatment/ handling/housing/diet etc, etc, etc.)

My last 3 have all been first class. Cheers, D.

i was just wondering if you get you ferrets castrasted will it still be interested in breeding are you not better getting them a vasectomy because

they will still have the urge to breed what do you think

Nope, a castrated hob will have no interest in breeding.

It's better to get a vasectomy if you have no interest in breeding and have jills to take out of season [people or stinkers. :whistling: ], but if there's no jills, then castration has no negatives.

Edited by Coneytrappr
i was just wondering if you get you ferrets castrasted will it still be interested in breeding are you not better getting them a vasectomy because

It's better to get a vasectomy if you have no interest in breeding and don't have jills to take out of season [people or stinkers. :whistling: ], but if there's no jills, then castration has no negatives.

why castrate if you dont keep jills seems a waste of money to me.

It's better to get a vasectomy if you have no interest in breeding and have jills to take out of season [people or stinkers. :whistling: ], but if there's no jills, then castration has no negatives.

why castrate if you dont keep jills seems a waste of money to me.

Many intact hobs will fight when they go into rut, often making seperating them necessary...if you don't have the room or desire to have multiple cages for this seperation then castration is one way to ensure it will never be a problem.