how many dogs do you own?

Guest TERRIERCENTRAL

I have 6

1 greyhound wheaton x deerhound greyhound

2 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheatons

1 fell x russell

1 3/4 russell 1/4 patt [14 years old]

1 kennel terrier

the fell x russell is in season so amd going to breed her with a working patterdale and more likely will keep a bitch pup back for myself,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have 3 bull crosses here at the moment, but sometimes that is'nt enough and the chances of having the same 3 by the end of next season are very slim..... ;)

Do you keep dogs and bitches for your type of work Lucky, or do you favour one type?

i dont really have a preference but i have noticed over the years that it's usually a higher percentage of dogs that make the grade, at the moment i have 2 bitches and a dog here.... ;)

I have 3 coyote hound male dogs but probably only need two but if one would get wrecked or hurt what would I do. I have 3 staghounds that are able to take game now. Well, really only 2 adults and one bitch is gonna have pups in a week so that aint good and the other gyp is only about 10 months old and I would say she just started yesterday for real. I have one coyote hound female pup and 2 staghound pups. A male and a female. So, all together I have 9 dogs. The pups of course are worthless but I need them here in a year or so. The young gyp is worthless really as of now and the bitch having pups is no good to me either right now. The breeding was not on purpose though and was an accident at my buddies house. Dont matter though cause the male she was bred to is as get as they get for staghounds that take coyotes. The one coyote hound is older but can still do his job so he is good to go.

There is no magic number as to how many dogs a man should own. If you aint working them all properly then you should not have that many. I can guarantee that mine get more work then they need usually so it aint no problem with me. I like my dogs alot and take as good a care as I can of them and still feed my family and have a roof over our heads. A good dog is where you find them and if I was to find another good one, I would take it in right now especially if it was a big single handed coyote dog male.

Guest oldskool
I have 6

1 greyhound wheaton x deerhound greyhound

2 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheatons

1 fell x russell

1 3/4 russell 1/4 patt [14 years old]

1 kennel terrier

the fell x russell is in season so amd going to breed her with a working patterdale and more likely will keep a bitch pup back for myself,

i have a greyhound bitch here... russell type bitch... bull cross pup and an australian kelpie

be nice to see a picture of your wheaten crosses mate, i'd imagine that the wheaten/grey x deer/grey is as hairy as hell is he??

i have a greyhound bitch here... russell type bitch... bull cross pup and an australian kelpie

be nice to see a picture of your wheaten crosses mate, i'd imagine that the wheaten/grey x deer/grey is as hairy as hell is he??

yes Oldschool,she is as hairy as hell,i will post a few pictures of her and my two pups as soon as i cut them down to size,