speed camera info

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes pas t a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be

classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehic le you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope it's useful.

If the link doesn't work just put "i-database.co.uk" in Google.

Iwent outside to double check my reggie :clapper:

Yes mate!! I did too! Found I was doing 37.5 MPH somewhere near Cambridge last monday. I was never less than 70 miles from there that day. Fell for it totally.