Just got a Beddy/Whippet X Greyhound pup, he's 5 months and got big feet and there a little flat.. When i say a little i mean a little there not that bad, but he's got big feet n it maybe why..

I bought him off a lad cos i knew the father of this pup n he's a great little dog and i hear the mother is a great bitch on lads wit big ears n foxes, so i thought id like to see what these pups are gonna be like.. So i went along to buy 1 n there was 2 left so i chose the dog wit the better temperament which in turn was the biggest of the 2 but they were kept in runs wit no concrete, jst a plot wit no grass.. Wit close inspection on the dog i noticed his feet were a little flat, so took him outta the run n onto a concrete surface, i thought to myself ''there not great but nothing a lot of roadwork wont fix, he's only 5 months old''..

Can i fix this or am i fooling myself?

And if i can, how?

Is road work my only option?

5 months old all it needs is plenty of love food and play. Sod the roadwork it can't do it any good at that age.By all means take it out but roadwork at that age Naaaaaaaaa

JT750 has taken the words out of my mouth ......as he says the pups only 5mth DONT push it to much to soon as he said love food and play as he gets bigger and stronger he will come up on his feet ..keep us posted ans show us some pics as he gets older :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::clapper:

try some calcium tablets they cant do any harm

get plenty of exercise and keep fingers crossed it comes back right I had a bitch tho that had very flat feet very good bitch in its day for long ears but looked like it couldnt kill one in a phone box

• 5 weeks later...

If a dog has flat feet nothing will change that fact, roadwalking etc will keep it fit but it wont change the structure of the dog. Stick a pic up so we can see how bad it is, if its real bad you might want to think about getting the pup a pet home, flat feet are a nightmare, Ive seen dogs with them and they never seem to be up to much :thumbdown: