working border terrier

Guest THE BEATNICK
why is he for sale?

he is for sale because i have load of pups to enter next year and i wont have room. before all smart fellas come on there is trial with dog if you are serious terrier man get onto me otherwise go back to the computer. cheers lads

are you calling me a computer hunter?? i cant understand why anyone would sell a good proven worker to run on pups!

i was thinking the same why get rid of a top dog, what if the pups dont make it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pikey
hi lads i have for sale one of my borders he is 3 years old and is gaurenteed to fox underground trial given. pm if interested no timewasters please. this is a serious dog. 700 euro

WELL IF DEHOFF... SAYS HES A SERIOUS DOG ON FOXES, THEN FROM MY NUMBER OF YEARS GOING OUT FOR DIGS WITH DEHOFF.... THE DOG IS TOP CLASS. I HAVE SEEN AND BEEN OFFERED A LOT MORE FOR MY TERRIERS THAN 700 EUROS.

I HAVE BEEN OFFERED $5000, DOLLARS FOR " THE DEALER " DOG, TWO YEARS AGO.........SOUNDS UNREAL..........THE GUY SAID HE WOULD MAKE IT BACK THE FIRST YEAR PUTTING THE DOG TO STUD. SOME LADS CHASE THERE DREAMS OTHERS JUST KEEP DREAMING.

I WILL POST TWO PICTURES OF WORKING TERRIERS I BOUGHT OFF DEHOFF...... TOP CLASS DIGGING DOGS THAT CAME WITH A TRIAL..........

Guest pikey

heres the first dog i bought off dehoff............got a trial..........and to be honest never asked him why he was selling him .......just legged straigh away home in case he changed his mind........had already dug the dog lots of times....

redmylakeland.jpg

Edited by pikey

is £650 to much to pay for a ready made grafting dog ?? i was offered a grand for a white lakie pup coz she`d won a few puppy championships .. what price would a ready made working gundog go for ..??

Too many dreamers on here ! want dogs doing the buisness with a trial for £100 :blink: ffs ,like i said before if you aint got the cash or aint interested in buying it "why bother commenting " ,im sure the dog is the real deal ,plus the amount of folk advertising for a working terrier within the last 3months it should sell ! cash shouldnt be the problem if you really want one ;)

DEHOFF...... IS THIS THE BORDER THATS FOR SALE................

post-341-1236943863.jpg

timmy thats the fella. just what i thought on this site pack of posers and armchair hunters only got ONE GENIEUINE pm. im only selling the dog because i have four pups from p***y to run on next year and they are already showing early promise i also have two other pups from some serious lines. i have another proven border dog and two nuttal bitchs that have taken their fair share of game this year. now im out two days sometimes three days during the season but it will still be hard to get work for all these dogs so thats why the dog was for sale with a full trial cant be fairer than that lads!!!!!!!!!! dont bother now i will find a good working home here in ireland go back to the key boards lads!!!!!!!! :realmad:

not being funny mate but i wouldnt buy/given 4 pups when i had a 3 year old thats reliable and doing his job, and then knowing you wont have the work for them, especially as hes a young dog he'll still have plenty of life in him and with two other pups on as well? fair play, your being genuine and theres a trial etc so theres non fairer but it just made me wonder??

Aaron

good border dogs are hard to get and 700 euros is not big money for the right dog. trial given so the man must be geniune, i have 3/4 border 1/4 red

fell bitch and have mated with the burrowmans good border dog. chap with the laois hunt has excellent border dog good in a hole and hes dug to 2 to 3

times a week in the hunting season. i havent seen to many good borders in my 25-30 years hunting and could count on one hand the ones i would have liked in my yard. so dehoff the best of luck with the sale and i hope he goes to to a person whos fond of the breed and admire there working qualities

as all i see is the posing type and big money looked for pups. as a favour you might pm the person you sell to if in ireland as i would like to keep him

in mind for future stud options.

many thanks

paddydubkelly

everyone seems to want a good dog for peanuts,but there again everyones idea of a good dog is different, im a bit the same with the lurchers i love getting youngsters going,the exitment the unexpected feelings you get when a young dog makes is great,il be honest i dont really get a lot out of running or digging to a sound dog.what can it do that you didnt expect? maybe do it in fancy dress ect or be sat there kissing the fox, i would rather run 4 young dogs start of the season and make 1 good one out of them by the end than run a 3/4 year old seasoned dog right through, but hey everyones different,

them dogs look sound and there is a trial so cant go wrong really,if it had of been a bitch of ant breed then id be keen,looks a nice strong dog and you would make your money back studding him out 3 times over the next years you have him so really you would have a good dog for nowt,be better than having brass in the bank at the moment