Drey Poking

I didn't know where to put this so i thought i would put it here.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get lofting poles for drey poking?I have looked everythwhere but they are all for pigeon decoys a really expensive(about £50:00).Also how long do they need to be??

Thanks

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get lofting poles for drey poking?I have looked everythwhere but they are all for pigeon decoys a really expensive(about £50:00).Also how long do they need to be??

Thanks

All depends how tall the tree is lol. i normally throw sticks of they are near the ground or just shoot the drey. The other week ma mate shot a drey and a squirell rolled out of the side, perfect head shot lol. 1 in a 1,00,000,000 shot lol.

Just an idea have you not got any old tent poles that was they fold down nicely and you can add sections easily enough.

Hughesey

Thanks,I actually do have some tents poles but i didn't think thy'd be long enough,they might be though.When your mate shot the drey did he use a shotgun or air rifle?

air rifle, thats why it was such a fluckey shot lol. You want it for shot gunning?

Hughesey

Thanks,I actually do have some tents poles but i didn't think thy'd be long enough,they might be though.When your mate shot the drey did he use a shotgun or air rifle?

air rifle, thats why it was such a fluckey shot lol. You want it for shot gunning?

Hughesey

I am going to use it for air gunning as i have heard that if you creep up to it quietly a only a small poke will send it out and it wont be to scared so an easy shot(not sure if it is true but that's what ive been told).I might use it for shotgunning but for the time being it'll be airgunning.

Hughesey

I am going to use it for air gunning as i have heard that if you creep up to it quietly a only a small poke will send it out and it wont be to scared so an easy shot(not sure if it is true but that's what ive been told).I might use it for shotgunning but for the time being it'll be airgunning.

I just normally shoot they drey and wait for them to run out. They always tend to run up the tree ,stop and have a look round. Normally this is the last thing they do before they get a pellet in the napper lol.

Walking quietly does help me though as they arent aware your there in the first place.

Hughesey

All depends how tall the tree is lol. i normally throw sticks of they are near the ground or just shoot the drey. The other week ma mate shot a drey and a squirell rolled out of the side, perfect head shot lol. 1 in a 1,00,000,000 shot lol.

Just an idea have you not got any old tent poles that was they fold down nicely and you can add sections easily enough.

Hughesey

bloody lucky shot, when i was a keeper three of us went drey shooting one big drey took 10 shots from .22 rim and two barrels from a 12g just to get them moving 3 ran out only shot one as the others were reloading

Right, now i'm confused, i was told by someone that if you creep up quietly and give the drey a very light poke if a squirrel is in there it will come out and to see what it his but herehttp ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2-p4fLgPU they have to almost destroy the drey and then the squirrel comes sprinting out, and impossible shot for a .22 air rifle.

Edited by kobidog

Thanks

why not use a clothes prop the adjusable type or the 2 piece alimnium sort :victory: