Transport dilema?

Guest Geordie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to have a 1700 diesel astra estate, cheap insurance, 45-50 mpg and reliable. My current dog/family car is a 2.0 Renault Laguna estate, the best car i've had. It has a huge boot, air con, electric everything, is really comfortable and although two litre petrol does between 32-36 to the gallon. :good:

Also had a Peugot expert as a work van and they are great vans.

Guest moomin300uk
astra, combo or vectra.

If i had to choose i would go for a combo. the vans are cheap over your way. £500 for an N reg.

Good little vans, back doors making it easier if your lamping off the back. :good:

I will buy one for £5oo if you can find one :good:

Goerdie have a look a 2.0 vauxhall omega estates you get a alot of car for your money and they are totally practical huge boot space comfortable car that eats miles on the motorway for around around £750 you could fined a good one :good:

Or if you can fined a good one a Carlton Estate cdx i got one its built like a tank does 30mpg more on a run ,that car goes on and on just put petrol in it the more people,dogs n junk you put in it the better it drives :good:

What about a nice Peugeot 405 diesel estate? I love 'em. You can get a low mileage (50,000) one owner FSH jobbie with full electric pack, or no electrics (depending on whether you think they're a pain to fix or not) great engines on em, bullet proof, for about £500 for a good en.

Astras are ok, I've owned em in the past. But they aren't as good on the mechanicals as the Pugs, and the Vauxhall lump (as opposed to the Isuzu diesel they sometimes use) doesn't like the old biodiesel half as much as the pug engine does :yes:

Them pugs do quarter of a million miles no probs, and never seem to break down. They get the usual electrical niggles (clock, dash lights need replacing etc) in old age but problems with the engine and mechanics? No chance. Look after it and you'll never be left stranded thats for sure.

They've got a decent sized luggage area at the back (read: plenty of space for dogs, spades, etc :D ) and are comfy enough for long distance. I get 35mpg round town and 55mpg easy on the motorway :good:

Alternatively get a van and go to www.evaninsurance.co.uk They quoted me £450 fully comp on personal use only, covered for ANY driver over 21. I've only had my full license 12 months, haven't got my first years no claims through yet and they still only wanted four and a half ton. Can't complain at that eh, and you can choose from pay monthly, yearly, or pay as you go :good:

WELL BOYS ,

I STAY WELL CLEAR OF VANS .................... DEFO FOR A LATE NIGHT PULL OFF THE ROZZERS WHILE LAMPING .......OR WORSE A DAYTIME PULL OFF THE TANK DIPPERS :icon_eek:

RAN AN 1.7 TD ASTRA ESTATE FOR 5 YRS WITH NO PROBLEMS DOING REGULAR 5 HOUR JOURNEYS , NO PULLS ........... NO HASSLE ,

WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR ?

DUCKWING ;)

Guest Geordie

Interesting and very valid point about getting pulled in a van :good:

Looks like i will be getting a car then,pug 405 now theres a big lump of a car for very little money :good:

Guest JOEB

Looks like i will be getting a car then,pug 405 now theres a big lump of a car for very little money :good:

Get yourself a Volvo & a pipe to smoke G, put a big turn to jesus sticker in the back window...not much chance of a pull then :D

It dont really work in my ex-army Landy mind :laugh:

Seriously, pug deisel :good: good bit of kit

JOEB

Guest Geordie

Get yourself a Volvo & a pipe to smoke G, put a big turn to jesus sticker in the back window...not much chance of a pull then :D

It dont really work in my ex-army Landy mind :laugh:

Seriously, pug deisel :good: good bit of kit

JOEB

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: i tell you what the jesus sticker aint a bad idea,might just work a treat :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Guest chilli

Get a astra there 10 a penny cheap as f**k for parts , Iam on my 4th astra they excellent , the latest one i got has air con thats nice for driveing about when it gets hot .