ULTIMATE LAMP

Guest vin

ive just got some red reflector plastic from a brake light ..im gonna make a little slot over cone and see how it works with the mag and tiablo... ive held it up against glass and it works so should work in the field.. bit of an old bogroll and some tape to try it out i think. i will let you know.

atb

vin

Vin how did you get on with the red reflector

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just got some red reflector plastic from a brake light ..im gonna make a little slot over cone and see how it works with the mag and tiablo... ive held it up against glass and it works so should work in the field.. bit of an old bogroll and some tape to try it out i think. i will let you know.

atb

vin

hello mate,

tried it out tonight for a little walk...works great...but i think the brake light reflector lens i used for the red plastic is too thick..it cuts down too much beam..works well but would be better with some thinner plastic...im going to use some stage lighting gels next (very thin,like sweet wrappers).

but the general idea deffo works..i made it from a couple of plastick cups and a bit of insulation tape...just slots over lens at end.

post-11815-1243393134.jpg

post-11815-1243393149.jpg

post-11815-1243393371.jpg

atb

vin

atb

vin

hello mate,

tried it out tonight for a little walk...works great...but i think the brake light reflector lens i used for the red plastic is too thick..it cuts down too much beam..works well but would be better with some thinner plastic...im going to use some stage lighting gels next (very thin,like sweet wrappers).

but the general idea deffo works..i made it from a couple of plastick cups and a bit of insulation tape...just slots over lens at end.

post-11815-1243393134.jpg

post-11815-1243393149.jpg

post-11815-1243393371.jpg

atb

vin That looks great vin where did you get the stage lighting gels atb sunday :thumbs:

vin That looks great vin where did you get the stage lighting gels atb sunday :thumbs:

hello matey.

the one in picture is a bit of a car back brake-light lens .... its only a tester set up to see if it worked.. it does so i would probably use a plantpot for the next one i make.

you can get stage lighting gels from any disco supplies type shop.. or theatrical suppliers.and ebay ...its only very thin though so it would,nt stand up to much hammer..

the brake light lens is obviously a lot tougher.. and theres loads in the scrapyard...i just grinded it into the shape and size i wanted.

atb

vin

hello all

the KD website is still waiting on delivery of the mag kits..little guy in office said anytime soon... AHH SO !

atb

vin

Are sure that N. E. Time Soon wasn't his name? Cheers, D.

hello all

the KD website is still waiting on delivery of the mag kits..little guy in office said anytime soon... AHH SO !

atb

vin

Are sure that N. E. Time Soon wasn't his name? Cheers, D.

aye it was lov-ya-longtime,s brother.

atb

vin

any news on them cheap lithiums vin? well cheapest lol

hello mate..

they have them in stock..and they are testing them as we speak...so any day now.

atb

vin

• 2 weeks later...
Vin i would like to upgrade my other torch a mag 3d cell but dont want the aspherical lens on this one what would you recommend

theres nothing as good as the aspheric kit for lamping etc etc..but they do also loads of differant type of powerfull kits..

ive got a SSC P7 moddified LEd mag thats very good also..it has a 3 stage and its very bright ...but it dont throw as long and tight as the aspherical kit..and if you put the aspherical kit on the LED it dont work as it coppies the LED pattern which is 4xleds inside..it just looks wrong etc etc..

but as a good all round powerfull versatile torch with a massive bright beam,its great.

heres a link

http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=810.0

theres loads of different led set up and kits..but the main thing is the aspherical lens...and a forward throwning powerfull single LED if you want one for LAMPING etc etc

atb

vin

spot on vin.

thanks for your help and advice via pm and phone.

i bought one of the kd upgrades and with vins help got it fitted to the mag,

this is just the tool for lamping the local parks etc great tight beam with hardly any side spill.

cheers mate

in b&q yesterday and you an get a 2 cel mag, that has a led bulb/lens thingy for £30, the normal 2 cel is £20.

are these led mags any good vin , or do you need that lense thingy :thumbs:

in b&q yesterday and you an get a 2 cel mag, that has a led bulb/lens thingy for £30, the normal 2 cel is £20.

are these led mags any good vin , or do you need that lense thingy :thumbs:

hello Tomo.

them Leds in BnQ are not the ones matey...the normal Mag(£20) is needed as a start up kit before you add the Cree Q5 LED and the Aspherical lens kit.

go for it lad..it,ll come in handy for the Lamping comp this year.. you can let Mark jacker use it to lighten his load...he might be able to walk further then.lol.

any questions anytime PM if you like.

atb

vin