my dog Trigger

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said before i recon somthing aint right with jessy, seems to be full of shit and more intrested in getting people to go out with there dogs with him/her, now why would that be when you have only just joined ???? why do you want people to go with you jessy ?? to gather information i wonder!!!!! at the moment i honestly think anti .

Edited by Tallyho
like i said before i recon somthing aint right with jessy, seems to be full of shit and more intrested in getting people to go out with there dogs with him/her, now why would that be when you have only just joined ???? why do you want people to go with you jessy ?? to gather information i wonder!!!!! at the moment i honestly think anti .

a bit of grooming going on eh makes you wonder!

it does make you wonder, why a newbie wants to take people out lamping ??? :hmm::hmm:

it does make you wonder, why a newbie wants to take people out lamping ??? :hmm::hmm:

puppies not very origional is it!!

If I remember I think the opening gambit was along the lines of 'how much should I pay for a dog and has anyone got one'

Seems that these two have put their heads together and not quite managed to make a halfwit....

If I remember I think the opening gambit was along the lines of 'how much should I pay for a dog and has anyone got one'

Seems that these two have put their heads together and not quite managed to make a halfwit....

yeah and the next post was saying he/she had took a reporter out to run deer with his/her lurchers .

yourealy havnt got a clue have you pups at 5 6months old running realy steady and probebly wouldnt hurt themselves

get f kig real youve got no idea have you or never kept running dogs

I said if they go out from a young age 8 weeks we were talking about they would be steady up to 5 or 6 months , by then they would have a good head. You have proved my point

youve been sussed out :piggy: :piggy:

do do you still go to school

sorry no do you have a thing about school kids

perhaps you would like to take them lamping or to se some puppies eh!

Guest mickyrichardson
I was at a friends house the other day and the topic of taking pups out lamping was brought to my attention buy him after he had read about someone taking there pup out at a young age on this site so i have joined this site to tell you a little about my working dog. I have a four and a half year old lurchur dog called Trigger. Trigger started his nights out lamping at only 8 weeks old he was taken almost every night for up to four hours walking he had practicly no help at all from me to overcome any fence or obsticle after a couple of weeks of this he started to improve on the time it was taking to get through the fences and overcome whatever obsticals we may have come across. Each evening we got home i noticed the nettle stings had been getting to him has he couldnt lie still for half an hour or so when we got back home. however this never took him long to get used to and never stoped him pushing through them on any nights lamping. Buy the age of 12 weeks he was allready showing great intrest in what was going on when my other lamping dog was giving me the rabbit she had caught. When he was exactly 4 months to the day i took trigger and his sister who one of my friends owned out for a nights lamping and he had allredy gained enough knowledge to work the lamp and would go down the beem and would even make a put for a squatter this was the night the pups caught there very first rabbit on the lamp. From that night onwards trigger went lamping on his own and worked the beam well he was unable to catch his first single handed rabbit untill 5 and half months buy this time he was getting over or through 98% of fences and i never had to worry about him. As the last couple of the lamping season months past he got bigger and the amount of rabbits he caught got bigger. At the age of 12 months the second season was just starting for trigger buy this time he had the brains and stamina to catch double figures for fun and our nights out have been very rewarding. When he was 16 months old i run him with a whippetXbedlington on the lamp and went home having caught 51 rabbits both dogs run together on every rabbit. The past twelve months of work he had done from the age of 8 weeks i belive had developed him with both the brains and the stamina to be able to do this. since then he has caught many large amounts he catchs 20s and 30s often when lamping and has had great sucksess on other UK quarry. he has caught 44 rabbits on his best night out on his own it did take him just over 4 hours to catch them but he done it. the last night in september last year again running him at the same time as another dog we managed to catch 52 rabbits thats both dogs together. I totally agree with taking pups out at only 8 weeks old it is the only way to get an outstanding dog. I would go as far as saying that a lurcher who hasnt had this sort of up bringing is no where near in the same league as a dog that goes out at 8 weeks old. Trigger has grown into a strong dog with good strong feet end teeth and is very well educated and inteligent which i owe to taking him out so young he is still as keen as ever and hardly picks up injurys. he wouldnt of been half the dog he is now if he didnt have a early education.

what a silly fool you are sorry but your first post and thats what you put :no:

im not gonna bang on about starting the pups that age cos i think your deluded

and this confirms it {qoute}

When he was 16 months old i run him with a whippetXbedlington on the lamp and went home having caught 51 rabbits both dogs run together on every rabbit.

Numpty

youve been sussed out :piggy: :piggy:

do do you still go to school

sorry no do you have a thing about school kids

perhaps you would like to take them lamping or to se some puppies eh!

i do like kids, got 8 of my own and loads of granchildren ido take them lamping and running,nice of you to ask

I was at a friends house the other day and the topic of taking pups out lamping was brought to my attention buy him after he had read about someone taking there pup out at a young age on this site so i have joined this site to tell you a little about my working dog. I have a four and a half year old lurchur dog called Trigger. Trigger started his nights out lamping at only 8 weeks old he was taken almost every night for up to four hours walking he had practicly no help at all from me to overcome any fence or obsticle after a couple of weeks of this he started to improve on the time it was taking to get through the fences and overcome whatever obsticals we may have come across. Each evening we got home i noticed the nettle stings had been getting to him has he couldnt lie still for half an hour or so when we got back home. however this never took him long to get used to and never stoped him pushing through them on any nights lamping. Buy the age of 12 weeks he was allready showing great intrest in what was going on when my other lamping dog was giving me the rabbit she had caught. When he was exactly 4 months to the day i took trigger and his sister who one of my friends owned out for a nights lamping and he had allredy gained enough knowledge to work the lamp and would go down the beem and would even make a put for a squatter this was the night the pups caught there very first rabbit on the lamp. From that night onwards trigger went lamping on his own and worked the beam well he was unable to catch his first single handed rabbit untill 5 and half months buy this time he was getting over or through 98% of fences and i never had to worry about him. As the last couple of the lamping season months past he got bigger and the amount of rabbits he caught got bigger. At the age of 12 months the second season was just starting for trigger buy this time he had the brains and stamina to catch double figures for fun and our nights out have been very rewarding. When he was 16 months old i run him with a whippetXbedlington on the lamp and went home having caught 51 rabbits both dogs run together on every rabbit. The past twelve months of work he had done from the age of 8 weeks i belive had developed him with both the brains and the stamina to be able to do this. since then he has caught many large amounts he catchs 20s and 30s often when lamping and has had great sucksess on other UK quarry. he has caught 44 rabbits on his best night out on his own it did take him just over 4 hours to catch them but he done it. the last night in september last year again running him at the same time as another dog we managed to catch 52 rabbits thats both dogs together. I totally agree with taking pups out at only 8 weeks old it is the only way to get an outstanding dog. I would go as far as saying that a lurcher who hasnt had this sort of up bringing is no where near in the same league as a dog that goes out at 8 weeks old. Trigger has grown into a strong dog with good strong feet end teeth and is very well educated and inteligent which i owe to taking him out so young he is still as keen as ever and hardly picks up injurys. he wouldnt of been half the dog he is now if he didnt have a early education.

When he was 16 months old i run him with a whippetXbedlington on the lamp and went home having caught 51 rabbits both dogs run together on every rabbit.

Numpty

whats deluded running two dogs or catching 51 rabbits? All i have done is stated some of my dogs achievments. In my book they are some good achievments for any dog and something to be proud of.

Numpty

whats deluded running two dogs or catching 51 rabbits? All i have done is stated some of my dogs achievments. In my book they are some good achievments for any dog and something to be proud of.

is this the book of fairytales or mybe its another figment of your imagination