Recently in various magazines and papers, there have been hints that the Dawn Chorus is about to disappear. I know that Songbirds need a helping hand, but in our neck of the woods, with proper management, the Dawn Chorus is far from disappearing.

I've witnessed it many times when out early morning. I bet there are some who go through their whole life without hearing it from start to finish. What a shame.

Here's a snippet, not from my garden I might add.

Same here Kay :yes: Though it is better on the farm, much bigger variety.

Mind you, I've done my best in the garden, the Magpies are all but gone at the moment, Crows much the same, give them a helping hand eh?

Not sure what i hear but the little twittering is so lovely to hear , i would hate to be deaf :(

Mind you, I've done my best in the garden, the Magpies are all but gone at the moment, Crows much the same, give them a helping hand eh?

Not sure what i hear but the little twittering is so lovely to hear , i would hate to be deaf :(

Can't imagine it really.

I can identify a few of what I hear until they all start when its like a Symphony mish mash :laugh:

Recently in various magazines and papers, there have been hints that the Dawn Chorus is about to disappear. I know that Songbirds need a helping hand, but in our neck of the woods, with proper management, the Dawn Chorus is far from disappearing.

I've witnessed it many times when out early morning. I bet there are some who go through their whole life without hearing it from start to finish. What a shame.

Here's a snippet, not from my garden I might add.

www.songbird-survival.org.uk »

Can't imagine it really.

I can identify a few of what I hear until they all start when its like a Symphony mish mash :laugh:

No idea what birds sing here but its good to wake up to :thumbs: