filling up the freezer

alright witton ,nice hearing from you .are you coming out tonight mate round our way.well got to get going now as i need to be at college soon.i think we'll take you up on the b&b offer aslong as we get breakfast in bedlol.i'll ring you tonight when i get back home.all the best

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with the long lay off with the bad weather we had ,and me having trouble with my back both me and dad havent been out at all for the last month or so. the contents of the freezer were running low down to the last 6 rabbits and so needed to be replenished. my dad nipped out for an hour friday night with fern and caught 6 bunnys,fern was running very well dispite her month long lay off ,but an hour was enough for young fern as she isnt at full fitness.

DSC00046.jpg

Even though its only been a week an half after my op the urge to go lamping was to much ,i just needed to get out with fly.to save alot of walking my dad dropped me off at a few local spots that i know hold a fare amount of bunnys. with the first couple of runs it was obvious fly was looking a little rusty ,her retrieve wasnt at its best well far from it.but thankfully this got better throughout the night .she wasnt doing to bad though and by her fourth run she had put 3 rabbits already in the bag.she then went on to miss a few not by her own fault but the rabbits were just dropping down holes to flys amazment but she got her ownback and flew down one hole after the rabbit and pulled out the scuffling bunny.after an hour and halfs lamping fly had accounted for 9 rabbits and at this point i decided to gut the catch,whilst doing this fly tuck off after another bunny without no lamp light and put in a nice strike to take our tally to 10.well done fly and fern and theres going to be plenty more lamping ,ferreting and retrieving through out the next couple weeks to end our season.

DSC00040.jpg

good hunting

rew and dad

nice one rew, i love it when they manage to catch them with out the light! my bitch quite often does it in the moonlight when just out for a walk, always a bonus to come home with an unexpected rabbit. bit of a coincidence but my bitch is called fly too! wierd. good luck for tonight pp

I LOVE THIS TALK YOU YOUNG LADS , "BE LIKE OLD TIMES" 18 AND 19 YEAR OLD , AND YOUR TALKING OF OLD TIMES :clapper:

ITS ONLY ABOUT A YEAR OR SO AGO :D SINCE I READ ALL THOSE " OLD TIME STORYS FROM YOU LADS" :clapper: FECK WAIT TILL YOUR IN YOUR 40,S :yes:

NOW GET OUT THERE AND CATCH SOME GAME, AND REW, TEL ARRON " TO GET A FECKING CAR"

Guest world.hunters

lol tell me about it tomo im lucky i got fields out side my door but cant beat a car for carrying big game home lol.

had a quick night out last night got a few bunnies im going to do a write up of the week when i go home back down south.

W.h

thanks for the replies everyone ..roger,keyleigh,pistol pete,frank, penda and tomo

nice one roger,i really like the look of murphy keep me posted with how he does? :victory:

we didnt do to bad last night with both dogs picking up some fast rabbits,and shall hopefully get a better result tonight being on some better rabbit ground.see you later w.h.

Any pics of your bitch pistol pete,sounds like a good pot filler.

:laugh: at tomo ,i think we are both intending on being passed by this summer and for old times i already feel like a feched fourty year old. :laugh:

Well dad was back out last night,his girl friend wanted to go and they accounted for 5 bunnys with fern,not much out tbh due to it being too light.but main thing freezers filling up!

good hunting

rew

Guest world.hunters

nice one witton,

rew and witton its all sorted for most the week.

we got lamping tonight, ferreting tomorrow, lamping thursday, daytime flushing for the guns friday and then lamping friday, and then hopefully be out with air rifle and abit more ferret action saturday, should be a good end to the season.

w.h

top man witton ,dogs are looking in good nick matey .you out with us tonight and do you fancy ferreting with us tomorrow aswell.its the same place me and nottzhunter08 took 10 rabbits from in two hours.

thats sounds good with me w.h .i have sent you a pm.

good hunting

rew

Cheers Frank ;)

Yeah ill be at arrons mums for about 10pm ;)

Have a coffee and that n a chat then head out ay....Ill be bringing bracken along tonight...

Are you just bringing the 1 bitch rew or both? am leaving misty there will be enough dogs to run tonight....with out her like, And what sort of time are you planning on ferreting in the morning?

misty091-1.jpg

Cheers witton