Summer Pest Control: Dogs and Gun

Guest Keeps

Guest Keeps

Today started off just like any other Friday – set off for work - its Friday! :yahoo: no sooner had I got in and got myself a cuppa when the phone went, Mr Keeps phoning to say that Lord Smudger had called for a bit of help with the ferrets –he’d been asked to clear a few bunnies by one of the farmers. Well, faced with the prospect of a day at work :rolleyes: or an afternoon out in the country controlling pests :rolleyes: it was a quick visit to the boss begging for an afternoon off :unsure:

Soooooooo :D we met up with Smudger and his young helper for an unexpected afternoon of bunny control - quite a change ferreting in T shirts in the scorching sun to the usual frosty winter mornings, and much better than sitting in the office :yes:

Spring/summertime ferreting is completely different – there was no way any of us were going to lay nets in the nettles :icon_eek: so with smudger on one side with his shotty and the lurcher on the other, the bunnies were bolted to the gun and dogs.

The two hobs quite enjoyed their afternoon out

DSC_0069.jpg

Shotgun Smudge and helper at one side of the fence

DSC_0093.jpg

Indie in the Nettles

indie.jpg

One of the bolts

DSC_0074.jpg

6978046a.jpg

Black clouds forming: thunder on the way

DSC_0088.jpg

Retrieving for the gun

retrieve.jpg

ellie.jpg

Well what can I say, except I hadnt expected to be ferreting in the scorching sun when I set off for work this morning :ok: :rocker:

3fc69d3c.jpg

Guest Keeps
Excellent pics as ever keeps :good:

Erm can you get me a job at your place,the boss letting you have the afternoon off at such short notice :laugh: brilliant ;)

I often complain about where i work :icon_redface: but its not that bad really and I can even tell them why I want an afternoon off :icon_eek: though I have to say some of them think Im a bit odd :icon_redface: :ph34r: :laugh: