old type russell with the turned legs

i was just wondering is anyone still diging to the old type russells the smooth coat ones with the turned in front legs i really like these type but rarely see a working one it would be intresting to see is anyone still usein them

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just wondering is anyone still diging to the old type russells the smooth coat ones with the turned in front legs i really like these type but rarely see a working one it would be intresting to see is anyone still usein them

wish i new thats the type i first started with but cant find any of that breeding left its to long ago!

I only posted on here because my JRT has the turned in leg thing going on, i've never known if he was just poorly bred or a certain strain of terrier?? Someone once mentioned queen anne type to me, again i'm unsure as to wether this was a critisism?! :D

Regardless he's a great little dog and will work rats and rabbits well.

bf535225.jpg

I only posted on here because my JRT has the turned in leg thing going on, i've never known if he was just poorly bred or a certain strain of terrier?? Someone once mentioned queen anne type to me, again i'm unsure as to wether this was a critisism?! :D

Regardless he's a great little dog and will work rats and rabbits well.

bf535225.jpg

thats my kind of terrier,its a little cracker,i personally consider this type to be the so called old fashioned type and i like them,all the best,cheers. :thumbs::D

He's 6 now, i've never used him for digging. He has self entered a couple of times however i only knew about it when he came home 4 hours later without any white showing at all!! I'm glad he doesn't do it a lot though as i'd never be able to walk him off lead. The farm land we live in has tons of big sets/burrows.

i know a couple of old brothers who kept and worked them in hampshire not sure if they still work them now as they were getting on in age now last saw them 2 yrs ago but there dogs worked well on there farm and assisted the local hunt the odd time .

Mate use to keep a russle with queen Anns legs , sadly lost working in a pipe at a distused pit ( no locators then ) :(

Always wonderd if the stubby out turned legs that you used to see alot of russles have were actaully a fault ?

Mate use to keep a russle with queen Anns legs , sadly lost working in a pipe at a distused pit ( no locators then ) :(

Always wonderd if the stubby out turned legs that you used to see alot of russles have were actaully a fault ?

in my eyes, its only a fault if it stops em working...and bowed legs certainly didnt...cracking looking old type...

I know a lad who still keeps this type for working, go back to a time when folk bred dogs for work and not for show ;)

Nice looking animal by the way Dorris ;)

would he be a hard man to get a pup off ?

A helo I keep this type of jacks AI have 3 dog pups for sale the parents working well and you can see the father in my gallery

I know a lad who still keeps this type for working, go back to a time when folk bred dogs for work and not for show ;)

Nice looking animal by the way Dorris ;)

would he be a hard man to get a pup off ?

A helo I keep this type of jacks AI have 3 dog pups for sale the parents working well and you can see the father in my gallery

how much you looking mate and have you any pics