building trade

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a bricklayer! priced loads of work last year but nothing, been out of work cinse december but had a call last week and went back to work today thank god

i think the media have scared evryone to death and people are holding back because of what they herd on the telly!!.

I have a couple of months worth of work. the phone isnt ringing as much now though, so crapping myself as to whats going to happen with my business. If work runs out I have an offer on the table which will see me through at least 6 months, but its working all over the UK. Most lads I know in the trade are in a similar position as myself or have no work at all.

whats the building trade like round your area, im a joiner and so is some of my mates, there is no work at all round here where travelling to mablethorpe from sheffield every day 160 mile round trip every day just to go to work crap.
least your working mate be thankful .. got made redundant week before christmas fk all round us or anywhr in my game painter/decorator.. industrial painter / blaster.. spent 2 yr travlin lodgeing away just to keep in work . firms gone from 45 to 10 workers since last sept and its on it way out.. cant get fk all in benifits because i was self employed 2 year ago and your stamp dont cover you :hmm: joe pole who used to work with us gets rent paid council tax paid and 6o notes a week in his hand he`s only been here 18 mnths .. :wallbash: imo not only is the building game fecked the countrys fecked they`d sooner look after scroungers and foreigners .. if and when it picks up the work will go to the cheap labour first :whistling: Edited by the_stig
whats the building trade like round your area, im a joiner and so is some of my mates, there is no work at all round here where travelling to mablethorpe from sheffield every day 160 mile round trip every day just to go to work crap.
least your working mate be thankful .. got made redundant week before christmas fk all round us or anywhr in my game painter/decorator.. industrial painter / blaster.. spent 2 yr travlin lodgeing away just to keep in work . firms gone from 45 to 10 workers since last sept and its on it way out.. cant get fk all in benifits because i was self employed 2 year ago and your stamp dont cover you :hmm: joe pole who used to work with us gets rent paid council tax paid and 6o notes a week in his hand he`s only been here 18 mnths .. :wallbash: imo not only is the building game fecked the countrys fecked they`d sooner look after scroungers and foreigners .. if and when its picks up the work will go to the cheap labour first :whistling:

i work for my self mate as a builder its on its arses av had to lay my lads off