Folding shovel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a mini shovel, less than a tenner from screwfix and, imo, the dogs bollocks :D

Used all sorts garden spade, graft, folding shovel but this is by far the best!

The pics not the best but you get the idea, very short, heavy duty but light weight. Perfect for nice tight holes down to about 4 - 5 foot deep, which is about my maximum dig when ferreting anyway.

post-10910-1234388378.jpg

Hmm looks good thanks mate I think ill buy that and give it ago I started ferreting start of the season and never had to dig he pulls the rabbits out to me :clapper: but I want to take a shovel just encase. I was looking for a folding shovel or somthing coz im always carrying a shovel around everywere for no reason :11:

Guest tewkesferreter

Hmm looks good thanks mate I think ill buy that and give it ago I started ferreting start of the season and never had to dig he pulls the rabbits out to me :clapper: but I want to take a shovel just encase.

i didnt have to dig all season,until about three weeks ago,everytime ive been out since bar one ive had to dig.better to have it n not need it than need it n not have it.

i use a military folding spade sometimes, it was issued to me so thought id give it a try. not too good around salisbury plain as the ground is full of chalk and flint. if you know what type of ground your digging and a rough idea of depths then being a young lad i think you'd manage ok with it.

hmm... gets me thinking about a shovel i have in the shed. Its only ever been used for shovelling coal, so not sure how it digs the earth, but it has a joint in the middle which screws together. It must be stronger than a folding one because of this and can be carried in two peices. If I were you I'd try and track down a decent one like that mate if your after carriability.