plenty of foxes no dogs for the job.

Well last year i posted on here about my bull x jibbing on a fox, any way i decided to keep the dog as he was hunting well and doing other 'stuff'. Well the other week he had another chance on a small vixen, again he jibbed. As i had the dog off my uncle i offered him back as he just walks local farms and doesnt really care if the dog works or not. Within days off getting rid of the dog a mate offered me a bull/grey x deerhound/grey 2 year old bitch, why not i said and took her in. Was told she had a few bunnies and a fox with another dog. It was obvious from the other night when lamping that this bitch was very green and hadnt done much if anything. she had no problem spotting after an hour or so and no problem catching up and keeping up with the bunnies, however she wouldnt strike. So today my uncle and myself walked the local mountain where he used to hunt years ago, long story short we found 5 foxes and thats a very good number for this neck of the woods. The jibbing dog hunted well and the new bitch went ok too. The last fox was about 200 yards away and the wind was in our favour, pushed the dogs on and the jibber seen it and off he went, the bitch didnt spot the fox. The dog caught up well with reynard and was about 5 feet from it when they went out of sight over a tump, minutes later they made the sky line with the jibber... well jibbing again :sick: , dancing round it like fecking John Travolter, fecking gutted :angry::angry::icon_redface: . It must be the most frustrating hunting day i have ever had. Even though i knew deep down the dog wouldnt have tackled the fox i wished the bitch would have spotted it too and that might have been a different story. Any way all foxes are there for another day, hopefully for when and if my bitch puts it all together. Still good to be out on the hill, few earths found too so will check them with the terriers before the season is out.

It does your head in mate i went out yesterday bolted a fox my little half cross bitch made good ground on it then lost it just on a fence line shes a good little day time bitch as well there there for another day though like you say :thumbs:

It does your head in mate i went out yesterday bolted a fox my little half cross bitch made good ground on it then lost it just on a fence line shes a good little day time bitch as well there there for another day though like you say :thumbs:

There for another day but twice as shy!! Allways good to get them first time round.

Gutted isnt the word lads haha, thats the way our beloved sport goes though. Out again today in a different spot with an old friend, new bitch went well and hunted a fair bit but scent werent up to much, my mate took me to some old dead cert earths, but just my luck no one at home. Bit of interest from the terriers on one earth but looked like reynard just passed through it. oh well roll on next week law of averages we'l have something soon. :tongue2:

There for another day but twice as shy!! Allways good to get them first time round.

True,, a good honest post, with foxes it comes down to each dog, and not a type of x , as this as been proved.?????

Nice to get em 1st time but i like a fox that gives ya the run round them clever ones are more sporting i think

Edited by Penda