.25 cal?

Guest hyperion

I've got a .25 in FAC and I love it.

However .25 are limited on range due to a heavier pellet. That's why I went FAC, to over come that.

I've used the .25 BSA Lightning, myself, although I don't own it anymore. I used it for close range ratting in several farms that were over run with rats. After a while there were people coming on with terriers, and when the farmer started using rodenticides, it all dried up. I gave it away after that.

If you want to try it, go for it. It's still possible to get usable range but you won't be pulling off any 40yards + Leon type shots. :D

thinking about ordering a new gun on monday and i really fancy a bsa lightning in .25 cal!

just wondering if any one has got one or any other guns in .25?

cheers

hyperion

If we are talking about 12ft lb then you will struggle to get a better RAT gun, but you will also struggle to find any other uses for it!!

I had a .25 hw80 that i inherited from my grandfather who allways swore by the calibre. I used it for shooting rats and ferals in a barn but found it to be limited for anything else. I found myself going back to the .22 or .177 rifles for the barn as i could go for a wander around the fields after and try for a bunny. With the .25 i couldn't achieve the same shots for the opertunist shooting.

Edited by jamiethehunter

I have a mate on another forum who shoots a .25 Rapid at 50ft/lb and it shoots as flat as a .177 in 12ft/lb and probably flatter :blink:

This caliber is definately better in FAC but as others have pointed out in the humble 12ft/lb it's just a rat & ferral gun no good for long range shooting...

Hyperion if you have FAC then get a Rapid and push it to 40-50ft/lb and you will never look back ;)

I used to use a .25 supersport for shooting the jackdaws that tried to nest in my grandads chimney.A shot from the .25 would knock them clean of the chimney pot without them falling down the chimney :):)

I do the same with a 22 off my chimeny does pretty much the same never lost one down the chimeny