Cuileog!

Hi,is there anyone breeding tightly along these lines still?I know the man billy Rickard pased away a few years ago who owned the prefix/affix but there must be a few people breeding from the lines. Im looking for a pup with papers if possible July/August time. I live South of England but willing to travel anywhere in the uk for the right one.appreciate any help.cheers

where was Billy Rickard from? and how long ago did he pass away?

I think he was from wexford or waterford as far as im told.I think he passed away maybe 5 years or so ago now but i dont think it would of been much more than that.

Ok mate, thanks just wondering as i had a grandfather i never met from Mullingar called Billy Rickard who i was told kept working dogs.but he died over 20 years ago.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two staffs are from cuileog line,my grand father had tyrone,he gave the use of him to cross pitbull amanda ,socks came from this litter,socks was given to a friend of mine ,a good friend of my grandfather,anthony dunphy,he sold socks and socks became one of the best known badger dogs,his name was changed to derry macash rascal,

I see now.

I had a dog from this line about 7 years ago best looking staff i ever see ,but he was a very nervy dog so never got to see the best of him he was straight from billy rickard , sold him to some lads in nottingham . as was said on here already think you will be very lucky to get anything this way bred but good luck to ya ....

Would that of been the Balboa Dog.. ?

Here you go andrew , a cuileog bitch from back in the day. Not as athletic as you or anyone imagined i bet !!! just your stereotypical kennel club stafford. At the same time, i believe she seen some work , how sucsessful i am not sure. I bet it is a real disapointment to those that chase names and hear-say from days gone by. Remember , an 18-20" stafford wouldnt have done to well getting him or her self comfortable in a confined space!

cuileogoipheceolcp4.jpg

Guest Countryboyo
Here you go andrew , a cuileog bitch from back in the day. Not as athletic as you or anyone imagined i bet !!! just your stereotypical kennel club stafford. At the same time, i believe she seen some work , how sucsessful i am not sure. I bet it is a real disapointment to those that chase names and hear-say from days gone by. Remember , an 18-20" stafford wouldnt have done to well getting him or her self comfortable in a confined space!

cuileogoipheceolcp4.jpg

My Bitch Line bred out of cuilog on her dam side. Ive put up photos of her before but said id put her in this topic also. I will try get better photos as she was in heat here and not her fittest. she is very similar to the bitch above physically.

PICT0040.jpg

yes it was the balboa dog had even forgotten his name was a fine looking specimen , do you know what happened to him ????

i think i have a photo of the dog, was he a great looking red with big white chest and collar, can not remember where it came from, maybe one of dg's old shows ?

cuileogoipheceolcp4.jpg

that photo is of cuileog oiphe ceol

quite typical of billy rickards dogs, although he did seem to keep a few more reds.

I think it will open a few eyes to see that the stumpy little fellows were workers too.

Nice pic Mac ;) And I know you've got more like that one.

Some folk seem to think they have to 19" and blue to be any good. Do you know what I mean? I had lads ask me what mine were, tell me they needed a good feed etc, and I'd just smile and walk off. If they do all you ask of them then that'll do for me.

qualifying at a trial though and being agood worker were not and are not the same thing, sure a small stumpy one could sit in holds and even hack away for 6 minutes but thats not the same as pulling a few from a pocket on a days digging.

Bryan

I think it will open a few eyes to see that the stumpy little fellows were workers too.

Nice pic Mac ;) And I know you've got more like that one.

Some folk seem to think they have to 19" and blue to be any good. Do you know what I mean? I had lads ask me what mine were, tell me they needed a good feed etc, and I'd just smile and walk off. If they do all you ask of them then that'll do for me.

Thats it stabs, its the perceptions that have created some dogs of how lads think they look(ed). When infact some wouldn't have looked out of place stood beside a show champion.

Bulldog: I think i also seen that pic or maybe have it, the dog was red with white chest as you say and wearing a red thick collar. :search:

SOCKS WAS OFF =TYRONE OF CUILEOUG X N.S. "SISTER OF GERONIMO". THEY ALSO PRODUCED "NORTHFORD BRUCE".

Didnt they also produce MOURNVIEW CHEIFTAN ? said to be a better trials dog than socks himself?

Isnt there a splash of EBT blood in socks through his Dam??

Bulldog: I think i also seen that pic or maybe have it, the dog was red with white chest as you say and wearing a red thick collar. :search:

there is a picture of him up here on the last page

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...82870&st=45

what/who are you on about ?

I was on about the balboa dog, i think Bryan is getting mixed up with the RHU EBT.