Hello from Aberdeen

Greetings all,

Recently took on clay shooting and have got SGC. Still fathoming (rather trying) all the technical stuff and getting acquainted with the sport. I am 30 odd now but not sure what age I would be when I may be doing deer stalking! Positively optimistic to start well.

You would be laughing watching me trying to hit the clays. ;-) Good entertainment.

I have basic doubt about which I am going to post in the shotgun forum.

So hope everything goes well and with well wishes from the experienced members future should be good hunt.

Many thanks.

Sid.

Fit like en, Sid? ;)

Welcome to the forum! :bye:

Thanks Ian, tom1cameron, waltenby for the warm welcome.

tom1cameron

Good to know you are from Aberdeen itself. I love in here, the mountains and forestry, at least its not worry to be bitten by a poisonous snake (I heard one specie 'adder?' is here but not seen often) or torn apart by bear or by the tigers or bloodsucking lyches or stepped over by wild elephants or Indian bisons. I go to Kingscliff for shooting clays. Do you shoot clays at all? From your signature looks like you are into hutning for long. I am just starting to establish my interest in this sport. Clays for now, hunting is instictively next in agenda. Wait and see.

waltenby

fit like. I am not scottish though its easier to understand north east scottish accent, just like from where I come has variety in local accents.

Good to have found this forum.

Maltenby

fit like. I am not scottish though its easier to understand north east scottish accent, just like from where I come has variety in local accents.

Good to have found this forum.

I'm not Scottish either mate, the wife's from the 'Granite city!' :laugh::thumbs:

Sid

Say hi to CHT next time you are at Kingscliff, I used to work there. I am from near kingscliff originally and allthough I post from scottie land I live in Leeds! Dont ask.

Moving from God's own county to God's own country this year! So maybe see you at Kingscliff at the end of this summer.

ATB and happy posting

PS Dont worry about snakes, you will only find them if you go looking. The only beasts you need to care about out in the hills are about 5mm or 10mm long and bites hard! Ticks and kegs respectively. Oh that and big black cats!

Edited by tom1cameron
Sid

PS Dont worry about snakes, you will only find them if you go looking. The only beasts you need to care about out in the hills are about 5mm or 10mm long and bites hard! Ticks and kegs respectively. Oh that and big black cats!

What about the Quines? They bite pretty fecking hard, I've got the scars to prove it! :black eye: :icon_eek::laugh:

Sid

Say hi to CHT next time you are at Kingscliff, I used to work there. I am from near kingscliff originally and allthough I post from scottie land I live in Leeds! Dont ask.

Moving from God's own county to God's own country this year! So maybe see you at Kingscliff at the end of this summer.

ATB and happy posting

Man of many countires, eh!

I think you talking about midges.

Summer is not much far away though. Hope to see you there.