chapman russells

Brock,I own and work a Chapman bred Russell.

He's two and a half and I'm pleased with him.I have dug and bolted many foxes with him.All of last season I worked him on his own and we had a very good season with him.I work him with my lurchers and I have worked him out with my local hunt.

He has proven himself to be a useful member of our team,I can't really say any more than that.

What breeding is your brothers Russell?

Guest pat-r-dale

My friend used one accross his bitch and they are awsome dogs and lovely looking! I know he charges a fair bit but the dogs ive seen produced are very good indeed! I very nearly bought a pup from him this year too! If i didnt love my patterdales so much i would have one of his over anything!

Oh and that is a nice looking jack russell on there! Mean looking little b*****d too!!

Mate of mine used to keep them. 2 of the dogs were reasonably decent dogs, but the bitches he bred were often rubbish. He eventually went to a well known russell man from Barnsley and got some real crackers. Read Chapmans book and read what he often considers to be a usefull dog might help you make your mind up. I have heard many people swear by them i'm just telling my limited knowledge of them.

Found another pic of him, he's bottom left.

7cf268b5.jpg

Limb,I think its horses for courses.I know what you are saying but I firmly believe that a lot of it is how much and what you show them.I have seen a lot of good and bad in all breeds over the years and they certainly don't get good sat in a kennel.A lot of it is down to experience.

Guest It's Me!
i might be using a chapman bred russell on my brothers russell this week.

does anyone own one or work,or seen one work.

any replies would be appreciated.

I have Foxwarren blood in my own dogs and I have seen Foxwarren Russells working. I had a litter in January sired by a Foxwarren stud. I'm realy happy with te puppies.

Jolanda

Guest grubygrafter

eddie chapman has and probably still does breed some cracking terriers. :D having said that he breeds a lot of pups and from what ive seen they can only be discribed as varied . if your thinking of breeding from one make sure :good: its a good worker out of workers . nice dogs moorman