Ultimate Fox Killing Lurcher.

Guest bezza

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its some of the idiots that own them that give us a bad name, not the dog, and its not just bull crosses. Tarring everyone with the same brush is something that the antis do, because some jumped up yo

Posted Images

I think hunting men come in two catagories -

1. The ones that have a deep love and respect for the countryside and just happen to hunt as well.

2. The type who are basically thugs who enjoy killing stuff and if they were'nt wiping out random wildlife they would be behaving as thugs doing something different.

The unfortunate thing is that genuine hunting men who own bull crosses have to suffer the stigma that these scum bags attach to there chosen lurchers.

The only up side is that once the thugs stop getting a buzz from killing then the countryside has nothing much else to offer them and they go back to causing shit in suburbia.

I know 2 fellas living nearby who both own bull x lurchers.The first is hunting all his life and hunts his game in a fair manner while the second little shit only started hunting 2 years ago.He is your typical little townie i.e. tracksuit wearing druggie.He hunts all year round,has no respect for his quarry and will no doubt give up hunting shortly.My point is that there s some sportmen out there with bull x's while inevitable fool who is trying to make up for some inadequacy in his life!!!

really good post boys and girls there are some really good coments and unfortunatly some are right its not the dogs fault its the stupid fooking idiots that own them dont get me wrong im only 24 but iv been round running dogs all my life and iv been taught to respect the dog your using and the quarry your running!! iv got 2 bullx 's and they do everything from rat to rabbit!! anyway

ATB everyone keep on bitching :clapper::D

im not one to judge a dog but i agree that every person i see with a bullx is young lads that just want the dogs to go out and bash fox and the deer. dont get me wrong i have nothing against these dogs but if im not mistaken isnt it banned now to do that what these dogs are mainly for. i mean if you were to just go after the legal quarry in this country i know you dont need these big hefty dogs to do the job thats just my opinion dont like it then tough

i see more priks with other breed lurchers in hartlepool shouting they done this & that with there dogs. talking a good talk but doing nowt but say they cant catch nowt local now there was loads in the summer. they killed loads of baby rabbits & pregnant does in the summer. but now cant catch anything local with there super dogs. last time i whent local 2 nights ago i only cought 2 rabbits out of 4 runs with my 27tts bull x but my mate has been looking after it up the garden for the few 2 week becouse i have been bad. but hasnt been walking it so he is a bit unfit & you cant catch big numbers if you dont run then. half the people around my way go on as if the rabbits are extinc after they have been local becouse there dogs not up to the job or they have no field craft & cant even get close to any think. there isnt meany but you can still get a few. they think a big light & a fast dog with a load of stanima & there the best hunter in the country. if your not going to kill a hundred rabbits with a dog why do you need so much stanima if your lamping why do you need the fastest dog just to show off ?. as far as hunting fox & deer is now baned so theres no use for bullxs. hare couseing is banned but people still have salukis & salukixs what do you think most poeple keeped then for pre ban. sorry if i affeded any saluki owners i didnt mean to. its just a example & i could fill the page with them useing diffrent breeds its just the first to come to mind. i have nowt agains salukis or any other breed each to there own. before you say you keep little rabbiting lurchers or wippets good for you i have a wippet it catches rabbits just as good as my bullx but is no better at catching rabbits then my bullx on the lamp for me if i am honest. like i sead you dont need speed to catch a rabbit on the lamp & i dont go to catch big numbers to show of so dont need stanima. i did when i was a kid & first got into lurchers but i just go for what i need now unless i go with someone that dose it for pest control. becouse i dont need a dog that can run all night just one that dosent miss to meany becouse i dont leave any thing behind & wouldnt kill a rabbit to rot in a field or anything that can be eat becouse i cant carry them all or i dont need then. so you cant of seen me about then lol. the reason i use my bullx more is if i go with someone else & they take a dog the wippet whants every couse. if the other dogs running a rabbit the wippet yaps witch isnt good if you whant another run in that field. its the same at home a bit hipper where my bullxs seem a bit more laid back for me. just my apinion abit diffrent to your but most peoples seen to be & i am not just a young lad that gose out just to bash fox or deer or even rabbit or hares for that matter. :blink::angry: why should people keep a dog that doent suit them just becouse it has someting they dont need. diffrent people need diffret thing from a dog it dosent make the dog any better or worse it just makes the expereance of owning a dog a bit better for the idievidual. & there is pricks with all breeds of dogs not just bullxs or even lurchers. that you are right about but to say every bullx owner you see in hartlepool whants to kill every thing you must just see people with bullxs & imagen them being like this & not even know them becouse i know a few bullx owner that ant out to just bash fox & deer as you put it. if you dont like it tuff dont sterio type people you dont even know :no:

you right mate im from hartlepool, there isnt many rabbits about but i get my fare share. and the reason there aint many rabbits about is because of idiots goinng out in peak summer time picking off the babys and the pregnant does. if it wasnt for people like that maybe the population would of grew and i could go out and get a few rabbits for the pot without a struggle but the amount of lads with lurchers all hunting the same feilds round this area is ridiculouse! the one thing u were wrong about is the younger generation spoiling it for everyone, im sixteen i dont have a big meaty bull lurcher to hammer fox and pose with them i have a small bitch lurcher, i take rabbits, and have took hares pre ban of course but didnt see the point in chasing fox before the ban because i have no use for them, and no reason to kill them.

i didnt say young people are spoiling it for everyone else mate. there is young & old idiots around here just like most places. i keep bullxs & have used them pre ban on fox the reson for killing fox pre ban was pest control becouse a fox can destroy a farmers livestock & denestic livestock aswell. its nice to here there is still a few people local that dont use the excuse that they go all summer for pest control when there just poaching to show of couse there dog can kill some baby rabbits & pregnant does. i still kill rabbits in the summer now & then but i use long nets so i can only kill bucks for the pot in the summer & dont go often i also shoot the od pigion & rat ect in the summer so still get plenty of sport. you sound like genuine dog lad to me mate happy hunting & good luke for the comming season. :thumbs:

ive never had a bull cross before always had small dogs or collie x but now i have a bull x pup 8 months and been out with lads with all x and none of them treat there dogs with disrespect because they are true working lads who have the most respect for the dogs like we all should.

These topics always descend into the same thing.

1. Bull X's are better than collie crosses and vice versa.

2. Bull X's are simply heavy weight crushing machines.

3. Bull X's are owned by chavs or steroid freaks at shows.

4. Bull X's are cock extensions.

5. Usually a thread appears shortly afterwards saying: " lets see your bull crosses"

Nothing against any type of dog at all. Most of the above views are based on too much internet hunting and not enough hands on dog work IMHO.

But isn't this............................... GETTING A BIT f*****g BORING NOW ?

:wallbash:

5. Usually a thread appears shortly afterwards saying: " lets see your bull crosses"

Nothing against any type of dog at all. Most of the above views are based on too much internet hunting and not enough hands on dog work IMHO.

But isn't this............................... GETTING A BIT f*****g BORING NOW ?

:clapper::clapper::clapper: I agree completely ! But what else can we talk about?? lol

:clapper::clapper::clapper: I agree completely ! But what else can we talk about?? lol

FANNY

When I first started out out with lurchers a dog was valued for its pot filling abilities. A dog that could take the full spectrum of fur and feather was considered the ultimate working companion.

Nowadays the ultimate lurcher is seen as the most macho looking bullcross that can soak up punishment and slaughter foxes night after night and never get sickened.

The old quotation: "The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable."comes to mind.

We've lost our way a little. Give me a dog that can put meat on the table rather than a fighting dog/ running dog hybrid anytime.

Personally I'm sick to death of 16 year old morons posting sicko photos of their fox catches with dogs that would be better served hunting lions or some other larger game. The bull cross has done nothing for the general lurcher owner other than give us a bad name. Discuss.

PS. Insult me as much as you like but don't call me an anti, that is below the belt.

i agree to a certain degree. its the owners that give the dog a bad name posing with mangled foxes and deer. stupid i think to be honest. good point bezza :thumbs: