2 questions.

Guest air gunner

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest air gunner

anyone got any good pheasant recipes? thanks for the reasurance again and when i say shoot pheasants i dont mean a pheasant masacre just one for the pot when the oppotunity for a clean kill arises. :) no one can argue with someone just wanting a tasty meal which isnt battery farmed. cheers lads i will look around for deals on pcps taking into account for your advice.

Guest hyperion

should really be in the cookery section

but

take the breast meat off and fry in a searing hot pant for about two minutes a side with a few onions and while your doing that have another pan on low heat pour in a good few glugs of red wine or port (port is better!) as it heats up crumble in some stilton and stir till its all melted together!

once the pheasant is cooked (but still pink in the middle) slice and place on a really thick peice of granary toast pour over the port and stilton sauce!

cheers

hyperion

Its not illegal to kill a pheasant any way you want.

People argue and say that a pellet gun doesnt have the spread, therefore theres more of a chance of it dieing inhumanely.

If you hit a pheasant square in the head of course, its just as humane as blasting it with a shotgun.

Sam :thumbs:

should really be in the cookery section

but

take the breast meat off and fry in a searing hot pant for about two minutes a side with a few onions and while your doing that have another pan on low heat pour in a good few glugs of red wine or port (port is better!) as it heats up crumble in some stilton and stir till its all melted together!

once the pheasant is cooked (but still pink in the middle) slice and place on a really thick peice of granary toast pour over the port and stilton sauce!

cheers

hyperion

That sounds fantastic mate! sounds like the perfect snack......I would say meal but i'm a greedy bugger :icon_redface:

Guest air gunner

Back to 12fps pcps what actually are the benefits?! other than they are quieter no recoil and sometimes multi shot? i would not buy one if these are the only real benifits because i can handle some kick noise is not really a factor anyway although multi shot would be nice but not worth £300+.

Guest air gunner

cheers midge. It sounds like i should definatly invest in one. Whats the range of them? my springer will start to drop at 40yrds. is your s410 heavy? I want to buy one but i can just see it starting to lose performance after heavy use. seals breaking etc. My bsa supersport has gone from 11.5 to around 10.5 since i bought it new! how many shots does it take for your s410 to need refilling? cheers

i was verry surprised how light the s410 is ,i cant realy say about range performance cause i havent fully tested it yet but was getting about half inch groups at 25 yards first time i picked it up, was well impressed how easy to use and shoot. got a chrono on way this week and will do a full reading from fully charged till it runs out and will post if anyone is interested in results. hope this helps mate, regards nigel