2 questions.

Guest air gunner

Guest air gunner

firstly which pcp is best for £300-£400. any advice on buying one. secondly which legal document states the law on shooting pheasants with air rifles? im not interested in BASC "guidlines". i want the real legal documents. i am finding it really annoying hearing people stating "you are not aloud to shoot pheasants" and "you can shoot pheasants" which one?! im talking 12fps air rifle. i dont want any arguments and people saying it wont do the job because if you believe it is not powerfull enough you should not be trusted with an air rifle seeing as you severly under estimate the true power. thanks guys.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BASC Advise You Not Too, But Its Not Againest The Law If You Do,

And Air Rifles Are More Than Capable Of Taking Pheasants,

For £300-400 Id Say An Air Arms,

S200 Maybe ?

I Dont Know Though, Its What Suits You Mate,!

All The Best In Finding One!

Guest hyperion

perfectly legal to shoot them so long as you have permission to do so!

its just the stigma thats attatched to taking pheasants with an air rifle!

you shoot them with an air gun therefore you are a pocher!

cheers

hyperion

The legality is tied up with the old time game laws.

This means no poaching.

This means no night shooting. (An hour before dusk, and an hour after sunrise)

This means no lamping.

This means not on a Sunday.

No law says you can't use an air rifle though, providing it's up to the job. We're after humane kills not death by lead poisoning. ;)

I'm not going to say which air rifle is suitable. I'm going to say are you a good enough shooter? It's the finger that pulls the trigger in most cases, if you can't put it down in one shot you shouldn't be shooting at it.

Guest air gunner

thanks guys i will have a look at the rifles suggested in my local shop and have a few shots with each. As for pheasants thank you for enlightening me. im good enough shot because i took one last saturday which happend to walk straight infront of my target when i was plinking! sounds unbelievable but there you go. put the cross hairs on its head squeezed the trigger plop down the beast goes! I take it the s410 is an air arms?

what amazes me is you said in the very frist post on this thread 'you are not intrested in BASC guidelines' and what happens? the very next post someone quotes BASC lol

i shoot them and i dont care what anyone else say's , until i get told not to i will carry on the way i am .

good luck in your new pcp and go get em :)

Guest hyperion

i tend not to shoot them as ive not got many on my patch and its like shooting chickings in a barn if there just wandering around, much better walked up with a shot gun!

cheers

hyperion

Guest air gunner

s410 sounds ideal what are the advantages of a carbine version? i will have to look around for a good deal seeing as i only recently bought my bsa supersport. i take it the gun is relitivly low maintenace and reliable.