White Dogs

Guest dannycos

Guest dannycos

My question is an old one but wondered about peoples opinions. Does colour make any difference especially at night, (not in a poachin sense) does the game see dog earlier?

Is there any other drawbacks in white or party coloured dogs as I would think not many.

Any views or opinions?

cheers

Guest Nightwalker
Hoped for posotive answers. Never had a white dog but never had to make choice so hopefolly this opens up more options. Does anyone not like white for any reason

Cheers danny

I dont know if you do any 'free lancing' during the day or if you are prone to running things denied to us by Mr Blair but if you do, running a white dog will significantly increase your risk of being noticed and having your collar felt.

I dont know if you do any 'free lancing' during the day or if you are prone to running things denied to us by Mr Blair but if you do, running a white dog will significantly increase your risk of being noticed and having your collar felt.

imo i dont think it matters on the colour of your dog if your out lamping most of the time you get chased is because theyve seen a lamp not because theyve seen a white dog chasing rabbits :) and if theyve got nite site your fecked anyhow :yes: :whistle:

i think he means something red will show up more mate(old pic below)

imo i dont think it matters on the colour of your dog if your out lamping most of the time you get chased is because theyve seen a lamp not because theyve seen a white dog chasing rabbits :) and if theyve got nite site your fecked anyhow :yes: :whistle:

Nice looking dog HBG, is he a 1st cross? they bite hard those bunnies :whistle:

Guest tossa

wouldnt want white for this reason :good:

Why not clean up the dogs injuries BEFORE taking 'photos of it ?

Cheers.

Nice looking dog HBG, is he a 1st cross? they bite hard those bunnies :whistle:

he was a 3/4,he's dead now

Why not clean up the dogs injuries BEFORE taking 'photos of it ?

Cheers.

as i said it was an old photo and it did'nt matter when it was taken

Guest dannycos

If injuries show up better that can only be good because although i check dog after every outing occasionally things get missed. All in all I think white dog could end up being a bonus in ways and choice off pup seems to come from gut feeling so its opened up some possabilitys for me. All input much appreciated and anymore commentsn welcome

Cheers Danny

Guest mucker

i have a white dog,touch wood ive not had any unwanted attention yet when out with him daytime.

i get a bit paranoid when out daytime in those sensitive areas so for peice of mind when the time comes to replace him i,ll go for another colour

dont think it makes any odds to game what colour the dog unless you trained it to stalk with in feet of it game lol

someferreting014.jpg

Does he not mean a white dog will stand out more on the background running through the day?....... :yes:

To be honest i was thinkin along the same lines, is the quarrys vision not impaired by the beam therefore giving your dog the advantage??

Same here, i think most people have their preferences when it comes to lurchers and for whatever reason prefer a certain colour or stamp of dog, but suppose when it comes down to the job in hand colour dont contribute to a decent lurcher. . .

Ant :good:

when ever we get caught coursing, it isnt because they have seen the white dog its normally because they,ve seen a 6ft bloke holding it. no amount of camaflague is gonna hide you or any colour dog in the middle of a field