A horrible day

This what I keep thinking, I could of done things differently and I'd still have him here now. :cry:

What happened to your friends Sloughi? :(

Hind sight is a great thing, it all seems so innocent at the time, and like you said they have had worse tumbles, life really is cruel at times :angry:

It wasn't an accident with the sloughi, he became ill very quick and had to be pts today(within a week), lung cancer, unbelievable :cry:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This what I keep thinking, I could of done things differently and I'd still have him here now. :cry:

Always happens that way. I lost my old male Saluki in March while he was under to have a broken tooth removed. His heart stopped and the vet could not get it started again. Turned out to be Dilated Cardiomyopathy but there were no gross changes to the heart, I had to send out the heart to a pathologist to get a diagnosis. I had him x-rayed before they put him under to check his heart as he had a very slight murmur and I keep wondering if I had had a EEG or an echocardiogram done maybe he wouldn't have died. I've lost many dogs but the sudden deaths are always the hardest. It's like a slap in the face, out of nowhere.

What happened to your friends Sloughi? :(

Hind sight is a great thing, it all seems so innocent at the time, and like you said they have had worse tumbles, life really is cruel at times :angry:

It wasn't an accident with the sloughi, he became ill very quick and had to be pts today(within a week), lung cancer, unbelievable :cry:

Always happens that way. I lost my old male Saluki in March while he was under to have a broken tooth removed. His heart stopped and the vet could not get it started again. Turned out to be Dilated Cardiomyopathy but there were no gross changes to the heart, I had to send out the heart to a pathologist to get a diagnosis. I had him x-rayed before they put him under to check his heart as he had a very slight murmur and I keep wondering if I had had a EEG or an echocardiogram done maybe he wouldn't have died. I've lost many dogs but the sudden deaths are always the hardest. It's like a slap in the face, out of nowhere.

My head is so numb with the replaying of things over and over and over my head thinking of every different senario of how different things could of went, then I have the surreal feeling of me questioning whether this really reality some sort of nightmare I'll wake from and all will be fine but of course I know it's real and there is no going back and I will never see him again:no:

I don't really know what to say here as still can't believe what has happened today. I was out with my 3 Salukis and the Bedlinton Terrier when a Roe ran past and Tariq gave chase only to trip and fall in the heather, nothing I've haven't see before in fact I've seen far worse falls from them however Tariq never got back up and there was no noise from him.

When I got to him he was totally motionless and limp, he still had a heartbeat but was not breathing and his tongue was blue. I breathed for him for at least 20 minutes before I had to except I had lost him.

I'm absolutely devastated and am still trying to get my head round what has happened I can only think he must of broke his neck.

Gutted for you mate

I don't really know what to say here as still can't believe what has happened today. I was out with my 3 Salukis and the Bedlinton Terrier when a Roe ran past and Tariq gave chase only to trip and fall in the heather, nothing I've haven't see before in fact I've seen far worse falls from them however Tariq never got back up and there was no noise from him.

When I got to him he was totally motionless and limp, he still had a heartbeat but was not breathing and his tongue was blue. I breathed for him for at least 20 minutes before I had to except I had lost him.

I'm absolutely devastated and am still trying to get my head round what has happened I can only think he must of broke his neck.

it happens to the best sadly

well its abugger but lost afew and saw afew go the same way ,shake the head bud and get on to the next plan and thank god you have a few more to hunt with ,they are not indestructable and not machines , hope you get a replacement ,saw ayound saluk break its hock on the heather ,etc sorry to here that ,just apart of the game we love but afecher mate