coyote dogs

In the first pic, the fawn coloured bitch is called Grace, and she is used on anything, from hares to bears,...she will smoke a coyote on herself,..and the black dog in the pic with her, is, i think, a dog named Zorro, and he will do them singled up as well...imo, the lads who run in this group, test there dogs more than most, and will run doubles, rather than just putting a 'pack' of dogs on a coyote,...there is alot of guys who will dump 5-6 dogs on a coyote,...i wouldnt do that, coz if i did, i would certainly be asking questions about the dogs!..lol...each to there own though...i will add, that a coyote is NOT a big fox, its a smaller type of wolf!...these fuckers will EAT dogs!,..lol.

Kye..

There are dogs that can and do, do them single, but they 'aint common!...thet Grace bitch is summat special though...she will catch hares, and she will hang onto a bear!...crazy mo-fo, thats for sure!...

These guys can get on quite a few 'yotes in a day aswell, so they have to think of the numbers as well...yeah, you could run single handed, but the dog would only be good for one!...these guys do it for pest control, but they do it to see the dogs work aswell...there are some VERY good dog men over here.

Jay..

PS...Scotsman, i would love to see what them Aluant hybrids would make of a good yote!...that would be awesome!...i should think they have the tools for the job!

scotsman-As Kye mentioned both the fawn bitch "Grace" and the black male "Zorro" (red collar) can handle them solo. I prefer to run dogs doubled and to let them sort it out themselves, as thats the best way to sort out dogs, IMO. I do sometimes run a pup (10-14mo) with the older pair to teach it the game, but after a few catches, I put them with just one other dog and see if they make the grade or not.

Running dogs "mobbed handed" is done because often times more than one coyote is lifted at the same time, and sometimes several in a day. Coyotes are considered pests here and the land owners expect them all to be accounted for when possible. The terrian often times makes it difficult for a single dog to stay sighted and to still be be able to gather the coyote up. There are plenty of folks that use too many dogs because they dont have that good of dogs, or they arent interested in the "sport" but rather view it as simple pest removal. I can only tell you why I run my dogs the way I do.

The coyote will test any dog, the dogs in the pics are 70-75lbs for a size comparison, and are usually started on foxes at 6-9 months old.

Take care.

There are dogs that can and do, do them single, but they 'aint common!...thet Grace bitch is summat special though...she will catch hares, and she will hang onto a bear!...crazy mo-fo, thats for sure!...

These guys can get on quite a few 'yotes in a day aswell, so they have to think of the numbers as well...yeah, you could run single handed, but the dog would only be good for one!...these guys do it for pest control, but they do it to see the dogs work aswell...there are some VERY good dog men over here.

Jay..

PS...Scotsman, i would love to see what them Aluant hybrids would make of a good yote!...that would be awesome!...i should think they have the tools for the job!

Great Dogs, do they ever use bullx greys on yotes, as they have plenty of pits out there. ?

or do stags do a better job, as a 45lb yote must be alot tougher than a 20lb dog fox? and thats

what some bullxs were bred for as a fox dog in the UK pre ban?

Jay..

Great Dogs, do they ever use bullx greys on yotes, as they have plenty of pits out there. ?

or do stags do a better job, as a 45lb yote must be alot tougher than a 20lb dog fox? and thats

what some bullxs were bred for as a fox dog in the UK pre ban?

I think a "good" bull x would take too much stick of these so maybe not that useful to them over there?

The fawn bitch is a bull x stag. Most dont use bull blood or very little (1/4-1/16) as the good stag blood does not need any more than that. IMO, the bull blood does have benefit in these dogs, but isnt neccesary in many. I plan to always have some in MY dogs.

Take care.

Great stuff

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

A good few video's of Sloughis taken Wolf or Jackal.

hairybull-Thanks, she is quite a dog. She is 2 1/2 yrs old and is due to have pups from the black dog "Zorro" (red collar) the last week of Jan. It will be her first litter.

whin-where will you be?

chip-The hides bring some money, but we do not have a bounty at this time. The bountys vary from place to place and time to time. The pay off for us is access to the land and the ability to sort thru our dogs.

Take care.

merrihunter-Thats a nice video and the dogs did well to close in that rocky, hilly ground. I dont know anything about Sloughi but that looked very similar to a coyote race...lol Are those dogs more distance dogs or speed dogs? How do they fight? How big are those dogs?

Take care.