Dogs eating their own flesh!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when started reading,first thought was the kid had given the dog acid :o sick i know.

but it cant be.. realy hope you find out what it is and get it sorted mate let the crew on here

know the out come.all the best.

lofti.

My uncle had a spaniel like that got put down :sorry:

cheers for all the replies soon has we hear off the vet we'll let you know

had a lurcher bitch when i was a kid, had distemper vet had given her antibiotics and such, went up to check on her one morning she had eaten half her rear leg, distemper affects the nervous system and apparently this was the cause of it...

My uncle had a spaniel like that got put down :sorry:

cheers for all the replies soon has we hear off the vet we'll let you know

had a lurcher bitch when i was a kid, had distemper vet had given her antibiotics and such, went up to check on her one morning she had eaten half her rear leg, distemper affects the nervous system and apparently this was the cause of it...

whats the cure?????? we got a jack russel that keeps nibbling herself raw, her legs especialy, the vet done tests and reckons she's got a high flea blood count? they reckon that if a flea or mite bites her then her skin flares up

she's getting on now, this will probably be the death of her, gutted

Got an update on this now, it was caused by copper sulphate, which is found in sheepdip. After the vet gave this bit of info we found out that a whole drum of the stuff had tipped over in the back of my mates jeep, and had soaked into the carpet. The First bitch was in the back of the jeep with her owner who had borrowed it off the owner of the second dog. So that was how she came into contact with it, the second dog was in there with his owner the next day and the sheepdog was taken to herd sheep in the jeep by my mate and his father. I'm glad it turned out to be something that isnt contagious, both my mates gutted for losing the dogs, me too but at least we know what caused it.