tail docking ***

Guest Dillon

You can't write *** on here cause we don't believe there is one.

And the story goes as far as I am aware, if the vet who docks them is happy that they are destined for a life at work they can be docked, I half read the shooting times article on the shelf at tescos :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this, although it's from mid-March, so sorry if its old news to some.

Looks to me like a way of putting more money in vets pockets, and creating work of DEFRA.

"Under the Bill a vet will have to certify that the dog is likely to work in security, search and rescue, pest control or lawful shooting activities later in life and docked dogs will have to be identity chipped before three months of age.

Tail Docking <--Click to read full article

Guest jamesy

My mates just got a spaniel , and he asked the vet to doc his tail, the vet said to him, i cant doc it now only if its a problem when you start working him, guess what when the pup is older and working straight back to the vet " the tails a problem" job done, think the vets just trying to cover his arse..

My mates just got a spaniel , and he asked the vet to doc his tail, the vet said to him, i cant doc it now only if its a problem when you start working him, guess what when the pup is older and working straight back to the vet " the tails a problem" job done, think the vets just trying to cover his arse..

DONT LET ANY VET TALK YOU INTO DOCKING A DOG WHEN ITS OLDER .loads of problems with healing .

The art of docking tails is not a mistery.Any terriermen worthy of the name will dock his own pups and I suspect the same applies to the gundog breeds.

Guest bravo24v

i've got a border/paterdale and i'm wanting it's tail docked, the only thing is it's 18 months old, i think it would look a lot better?????

dont be so f*kn stupid :no::no: :realmad: :realmad: they all look the same in the dark that is a good point pickaxe

i don't take them out in the dark [bANNED TEXT] :no: , we do our work during the day ;)

i've got a border/paterdale and i'm wanting it's tail docked, the only thing is it's 18 months old, i think it would look a lot better?????

dont be so f*kn stupid :no::no: :realmad: :realmad: they all look the same in the dark that is a good point pickaxe

i don't take them out in the dark [bANNED TEXT] :no: , we do our work during the day ;)

:11: :11: :11: Bravo24v I think Mik is refering to the dog working underground :laugh::laugh::laugh::blink:

Guest bravo24v

:11: :11: :11: Bravo24v I think Mik is refering to the dog working underground :laugh::laugh::laugh::blink:

:icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface: