Croatia Boar Hunting Update

Update on the Croatian trip

3 days

17 Guns

30 boar

Updated equipment list

Rifle ( the one you are most instinctive with as long as it is big enough)

Premium bullets (Barnes?)

Good Boots

Warm socks

Tripod seat/ shooting stick

The rest of the gear is pretty irrelevant

The pigs are really smart and you really have to concentrate whilst you are on the peg.

The drives can last up to 21/2 hours and you have to stay as silent as possible.

The seat is really important because if you are not comfortable you will fidget and scare the boar away.

post-21076-1228054007.jpg

I shot three, all sows

One big, one medium, one small.

All on the run from 50m to 10m.

Very exciting stuff and there were many other boar that broke back through the beaters.

on one drive as many as twenty managed to sneak out without getting shot at.

Absolutely the best adrenaline rush I've had in years!!

post-21076-1228144003_thumb.jpg

I also went with Tomo and had a great time and will go again next year.

Accomodation and food were basic, but that's not why we were there.

Tomo has done a great job of sorting out the hunting territories and normally they will only be driven once during the season so you will almost certainly be shooting over different ground to us. (I just hope you catch up with the ones that sneaked past us!)

One of the guys who was with us shot 5 boar of which 4 were keilers, he spent the whole time with a huge grin on his face.

On the subject of Keilers, if you shoot your first keiler in Croatia there is a little legal ceremony that has to be gone through :whistling:

If you are flying from Heathrow make sure you arrive as early as possible as their capacity to screw the paperwork up is phenomenal.

If you haven't been to Croatia before then the sight of shot up and abandonned houses is disturbing and makes you appreciate that life over here is not too bad.

Something to sit on during the long drives is in my opinion essential as is the ability to stay very still.

Have a great time and make sure you post some pics.

post-21076-1228166013.jpg

I also went with Tomo and had a great time and will go again next year.

Accomodation and food were basic, but that's not why we were there.

Tomo has done a great job of sorting out the hunting territories and normally they will only be driven once during the season so you will almost certainly be shooting over different ground to us. (I just hope you catch up with the ones that sneaked past us!)

One of the guys who was with us shot 5 boar of which 4 were keilers, he spent the whole time with a huge grin on his face.

On the subject of Keilers, if you shoot your first keiler in Croatia there is a little legal ceremony that has to be gone through :whistling:

If you are flying from Heathrow make sure you arrive as early as possible as their capacity to screw the paperwork up is phenomenal.

If you haven't been to Croatia before then the sight of shot up and abandonned houses is disturbing and makes you appreciate that life over here is not too bad.

Something to sit on during the long drives is in my opinion essential as is the ability to stay very still.

Have a great time and make sure you post some pics.

Looks like a great trip lads, i must try that sometime, what exactly is a keiler? is it a male boar or just a male boar thats over a certain weight? id say their an impressive sight tearing through a forest! :gunsmilie:

• 6 months later...
I shot three, all sows

One big, one medium, one small.

All on the run from 50m to 10m.

Very exciting stuff and there were many other boar that broke back through the beaters.

on one drive as many as twenty managed to sneak out without getting shot at.

Absolutely the best adrenaline rush I've had in years!!

hi i just like to no do they bread faster that you shoot them

• 4 weeks later...