Bird Lime

Guest buster321c

20 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I think the skill of setting a clap net and making and feeding a patch up will be a thing of the past.

Last time I saw a full clap net for sale it was around £100'ish quid? In Portugal. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The good old bad old days, easier now if needed, just order a mist net from China for £10 including delivery. 

I know it’s been illegal for many many years,  however when I was a kid my dad kept birds his favourite was the goldfinch and it is a beautiful bird. He would boil the linseed oil till it was stick en

It did mate, but I just found a far cheaper one, also in Portugal, the guy who offered me one for a One'r must have been trying to stiff me, but his was hand made,so maybe not. 

On 27/11/2008 at 19:15, Guest buster321c said:

Does anybody know what the old limers used to make the bird lime out of ? Just been reading about a bloke who made little cones with seed in the bottom and put them in the furrows to attract pheasants , and he smeared lime around the inside of the cone . Bird ate seed , cone stuck on head , bloke collected confused bird(s) , simple . Just interested now ive read about it , atb Buster

You've been either reading or watching   Danny the champion of the world by roald Dahl lol

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

You've been either reading or watching   Danny the champion of the world by roald Dahl lol

If you can get a copy of one of Pat Careys Warrener DVD's he tries out the method with success ?

• Like 1

They make the cone so it's a snug fit doesn't have to be sticky soon as the cone goes over there head they just sit there as they feel vulnerable an better to sit tight than flap about blind. It's just like when you hood a bird of prey they go from flapping about when training to sitting stiff lol. 

58 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Just out of curiosity mate did it have the sticks and catapult elastic and the steel pins.

It did mate, but I just found a far cheaper one, also in Portugal, the guy who offered me one for a One'r must have been trying to stiff me, but his was hand made,so maybe not. 

WWW.EBAY.COM

Clap Trap Net 1- Clap trap net with sticks. This step is the most important for correctly...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

WWW.EBAY.COM

Clap Trap Net 1- Clap trap net with sticks. This step is the most important for correctly...

A one'r? 

Was he giving you an earful of his claptrap?