mitsubishi l200

anyone got a l200? if so how do you find it? looking to maybe buy one.. 2007 model...

I have 1, the warrior model. Holds its own off road but i haven't done any 'serious' off-roading with it, i have a Landy for that. Pretty comfy motor to drive and looks the part as well. Would say bad points are fuel consumption, space in the back seats and in two wheel drive the back end tries its hardest to kick out alot.

Got a 52 plate, throw it into corners, never had a back end kick out yet (used to have a 5 series now that was fun).

Anyway, back to the L200, great motor but definately needs a 6th gear.

This is my 2nd Mitsi after 20 years of Landys.

Iv got an l200 animal version at the moment 52 plate full history 10 months tax and test quality vehicle but im a driving instuctor so a bit big for the students so im trying to sell it at the moment if your interested older than what your after but can do a decent price. Very decent comfortable motors will get another one in future when i can afford to run more than 2 cars!

what is the MPG like on them? everyone says it's bad but is it much worse than any other 4WD with AT tyres?

Bryan

Fuel consumption is crap around the city...motorway wise I get around 30mpg other than that great car imo ideal for working dogs :)

what is the MPG like on them? everyone says it's bad but is it much worse than any other 4WD with AT tyres?

Bryan

Fuel consumption is crap around the city...motorway wise I get around 30mpg other than that great car imo ideal for working dogs :)

i have a new animal and its chipped as standard, you will get around 35-38mpg with the chip ;)

Got a 52 plate, throw it into corners, never had a back end kick out yet (used to have a 5 series now that was fun).

Thats my only gripe with mine, Pleanty of power, but runs out of gears a bit soon!

Otherwise a great truck

post-1613-1227905731.jpg had this two years been stuck a few times bunny bashing put bf goodrich all terain on only £650 been in 4 wheel drive once since fitted not been stuck this is my 3rd l200 ile be geting another very soon can not fault the boots make a lot of difference if i had bfs on i would not of got stuck normal 4 wheel drive you go anywere
  • 2 weeks later...

up on the shoot on saturday one of the lads l200 (52 plate) got bogged down and it would not move conditions were very bad mind but what i found to be a problem was when trying to push it out the panels on the rear were flexing terrible, to the point were i thought they were going to crease. ended up using a jcb to pull it out, one thing i was impressedd with was the strength of the rear tubular bumber as the motor did not have a tow bar/eyes fitted we endud up putting the strops on the bumper and it never budged.

the motors certainly look the bizz and the rear cab is a good size, one thing to remember is though get a decent set of tyres on it especially if going in the good stuff. a little bit of road noise and less mpg is a small price to pay

john

Cant believe you have never had any bother with the back end kicking out mate mines is crazy. I do have the big wide road tyres on right enough which is probably the problem. Also its only pick up style and it doesn't have any cab on the back so its quite light back there.