What is it like living in England?

Honestly .... what IS it with you lot???? Everybody in this country thinks the grass is greener somewhere else. It's NOT, trust me.

I'm Canadian Frosty. Been here five years now. There's good and bad no matter where you live.

England has beautiful countryside. And Scotland is gorgeous, lovely people lovely countryside. The UK is a good place to set off for travelling if you fancy seeing Europe. People here are more relaxed (though you might not know it for some of the replies so far). I find life here much easier than I did back home. It's not so cold either. People here have a great sense of humour - imagine saying it's cold when the temp is 11 degrees? :clapper: It snows one cm and folks panic, schools shut and nobody goes to work.

The tax system is wacked tho. Some things are really expensive, some not. Politics here are amusing, to be polite.

Big downer for me: rampant racism and intolerance to people from other places - especially if they are a different colour or speak a different language, never mind if they're nice folks or hard working. Not saying everyone is like that but a lot are. I tend to get very fed up with it and end up telling quite a few people what I think of their assbackwards ideas.

I say take some time out, travel over, see a few places. If you fancy it, give it a go.

Don't listen to the naysayers - some people are bitter till they find out life is what you make it, not where you live it.

lurcher girl, i dont mind people coming from other places to our country , like europeans ,usa canada ,what i dont like is these muslim b*****ds tring to take over and a pussy larbour goverment giving in too thier every need ,

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

advice about living in England :hmm: , these fellas should sort you out, they know more about England than the English :laugh:

http://www.iran-embassy.org.uk/

or :hmm:, you could always come to Wales :drink:

http://poland.embassyhomepage.com/

I see you're just as big a knob as ever :kiss:

Realdeal I'm not getting at you but that's the kind of intolerance I was talking about: not every muslim wants to take over the country ffs - there's plenty of folks just want to work hard and have a decent life.

But this isn't a debate about politics or muslims.

Think of it as of a chance maybe for some of you to point out what is GREAT about England. Because it is a good place to be.

I dont really get involved much in this type of post but heres a few of my views on the subject i am very proud to a Englishman , Yorkshire or even Britain if you want to call me that. This country is a great place weither it be England , Wales or Scotland. It is maybe the tolerance not the intolerance that is damaging the country and no i arent no raceist and i understand what lurchergirl says that not ever "muslim wants to take over the country" but we have opened our borders to all of europe , and basically anyone who wants to come and live a decent life here but for everyone who come that wants to work they also bring more that doesnt and want to milk our free benifits systems and yes there are "britains"that do the same but if they see others doing it then its human nature to say sod it lets jump on the bandwagon .The country is becoming a miss match of different nationals and cultures some for better some for worse and is being run by people who dont want to jump one way or the other so all they are doing is following whatever the usa does. What annoys me are people who say im proud to be this or that if they are so proud why arent they in there own country helping to make that countrys system work ? There is very little national pride left here look at the sports teams most doent even know the words to our national anthem or even care.

The country itself is full of history and wonderfull countryside its worth coming and having a look whilst it is still there because it is changing but to say Scotland, Wales or England are better than one another i would say no its one little island have a look see what you think yourself it carnt be all bad lurchergrrl has stayed and is said to be lurking in lancs ?? :D

Guest blackntan

THE BRITISH AND ARE IRISH COUSINS ARE THE BEST MOANERS IN THE WORLD , WE DOWN CRY EVERYTHING , STARTING WITH THE WEATHER , GET AWAY FROM THE CITYS AND THE LANDSCAPES IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND ARE SECOND TO NONE , WE HAVE LET THE LUNERTICS TAKE OVER THE ASYLEM BUT, THERE STILL TWO GREAT PLACES TO LIVE AND IF YOU ARE PART OF THE HUNTING COMMUNITY YOU WILL 99% OF THE TIME MEET GOOD PEOPLE ;) WE THE BRITS THATS ENG, SCOT,WELSH, AND A LITTLE BIT OF IRELAND DONT GET ON THAT WELL UNTILL SOME EUROPEAN STARTS A WAR THEN WE ALL KICK OFF AS ONE FOR A WHILE IT DOSNT LAST FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE YEARS ,THEN WE GO BACK TO HATING EACH OTHER , IF YOU CAN GET YOUR HEAD ROUND ARE TRIBEL WAYS , AND THAT GOES NOT ONLY FOUR COUNTRYS, TO NORTH AND SOUTH DIVIED AND THEN TO CITYS, YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE ;)

The only great thing about England is i live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gosh I knew I forgetting something important .... :D

Well you remembered in the end!!!!! The North East has come on leaps and bounds since i moved up here!!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Family was originally from England so I would like to check out the homeland. How do you guys treat someone from the US? As far as immigration I think every country has the same problem. Its funny even though I am a US citizen and I love my country but I always considered Europe to be the homeland of my family and have some sort of allegiance to it.

:drinks: :drinks:

It is sad about the immigration problems and we have the same problem here and it seems like the politicians cater to it despite what the citizens say. just be thankful you dont have 34 million illegal Mexicans who are taking jobs away from blue collar America.

Personally i dont care what colour you are, what language you talk or where you come from............

As long as you speak english and you're white!!!!!!!!!

:feck::feck::feck::feck::feck::feck:

Quit stirring - you're a very naughty boy, you are.

Frosty have you ever been over here?

Personally i dont care what colour you are, what language you talk or where you come from............

As long as you speak english and you're white!!!!!!!!!

:feck::feck::feck::feck::feck::feck:

Quit stirring - you're a very naughty boy, you are.

Frosty have you ever been over here?

no but I have family who has.