Which are you....

Guest anonymous

Guest anonymous

Since I've joined this site which has been a whole 4 days now, I've been amazed at the amount of posts where regulars are showing photos of their latest dogs. Call me old fashioned our stupid but I'm the type who works around a dogs bad points. What I'm trying to say is, for me a dog is for life no matter how useless it is but to be fair, I haven't had one that useless yet.

So, the question I'm asking is.... Are you the type who goes through dogs like some folk go through cars or are you like me, once bonded, there till the end?????? If you could give the reason for this too please.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've joined this site which has been a whole 4 days now, I've been amazed at the amount of posts where regulars are showing photos of their latest dogs. Call me old fashioned our stupid but I'm the type who works around a dogs bad points. What I'm trying to say is, for me a dog is for life no matter how useless it is but to be fair, I haven't had one that useless yet.

So, the question I'm asking is.... Are you the type who goes through dogs like some folk go through cars or are you like me, once bonded, there till the end?????? If you could give the reason for this too please.

Stangely enough, I have been talking to a guy I have just met, on the same subject ! He has been offered £2000 for his dog but said "no way" !! In my youth, dogs were just tools, buy, sell, swap, get rid if not good enough !! But now, as I have learned with age, a dog is for life !!

cHEERS.

Guest anonymous
Im the same as you, once bonded,always bonded. A guy round my place has shot 5 lurchers because they wouldn't take foxes, in my opinion he didn't give them enough time to settle in and he should never own a dog again.

Aye seems to be this type everywhere mate. I think it's a lot to do with pride. What else can it be?

Guest anonymous

Stangely enough, I have been talking to a guy I have just met, on the same subject ! He has been offered £2000 for his dog but said "no way" !! In my youth, dogs were just tools, buy, sell, swap, get rid if not good enough !! But now, as I have learned with age, a dog is for life !!

cHEERS.

2 grand!!! Is the guy still looking??? Only kidden.

Have this problem now mate,i have a lurcher who hunts up really well,has a very good nose but he pulls up at hedges and can run a bit can't be bothered sometimes.I have for the first time in my life thought about moving a dog on but can't bare the thought of him on the merry go round,so he'll stay for the time being and i'll deal with the frustration when i go out with him.I do have another pup(still on mum)for the future but until then make the best of what i have and who knows he may just click one day. :wallbash: :11:

Unfourtunately, there is to many kids in the game now, who want a "top dog" at 6 month old !! They get pups, don't have a clue how to feed, train or house them; run them on hares, foxes, etc., at an early age, and when they don't do the "bizz", they are sold as "no fault of their own" !! Of course it is "No Fault Of Their Own" !! It's the fault of the owner !! Loads of well bred dogs spoilt !! To many people breeding "well bred lurchers", and to many "wannabee's" buying them !! Get a dog as a pup, rear it well, enter it when it's ready, and have a good dog for many years !!

Cheers.

If a dog is not up to scratch then its PTS time I am afraid..........It not fair on the dog because you will quickly fall out of love with it, Its not fair on the owner because its soul destroying and it puts an end to the chance of more shite being bred.

That said, I have rehomed a dog before...........but I made sure it was the right home and the dog went free of charge.

I wouldnt do it again.

If a dog is not up to scratch then its PTS time I am afraid..........It not fair on the dog because you will quickly fall out of love with it, Its not fair on the owner because its soul destroying and it puts an end to the chance of more shite being bred.

That said, I have rehomed a dog before...........but I made sure it was the right home and the dog went free of charge.

I wouldnt do it again.

Why couldn't you spay or neuter and then sell on to a pet home, people say that Lurchers' are not happy as pets but many are fine with good runs every day, if you can't keep the dog as its not a good worker?