Which are you....

Guest anonymous

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a dog is not up to scratch then its PTS time I am afraid..........It not fair on the dog because you will quickly fall out of love with it, Its not fair on the owner because its soul destroying and it puts an end to the chance of more shite being bred.

That said, I have rehomed a dog before...........but I made sure it was the right home and the dog went free of charge.

I wouldnt do it again.

Wilf, this is not a critique', but how many dogs have you went through, until you have got the dog that is "up to scratch" ? Is a dog that may not be the "ideal"; not good enough to be given a permenant home ?? I am a person who has spent a lifetime looking for the "DOG", but am sensible enough to realise it ain't gonna happen !!!

Cheers.

Its a sensable post........to be honest, I have not gone through many (1 or 2).........but I belive that there are certain things you want your dog to do, there is one main criteria........it may do lots of other stuff well, or to a standard but it may not be able to fulfill the main criteria.......so what ever else it can do becomes meaningless.

Some dogs you just know its gonna be a wrongun from the start.........I had one that I knew was wrong from the start, but I had spoken for it so I kept my word.........I tryed, I really did but I hope that I have enough sense to know when I am flogging a totally dead horse........these are the type not to breed from, and belive me, some fecker will given the chance.

My philosphy has changed, I used to think like many who have replyed to this thread.......untill I REALLY thought about it, I have had a rescue dog.........seen the these poor bloody creatures and I wouldnt inflict that on any animal or give someone else the chance to do it.

I also want to hunt, so I must have a dog that is capable of hunting to a fair standard.......you wouldnt own a gun that didnt fire.

Hope that is some sort of awnser.

Well........ you wouldn't buy a gun that didn't fire !! So why buy a pup that wasn't bred to "fire" ??? Genuine people buying genuine pups, and working them, won't go far wrong !!

Cheers.

not all well bred pups will work

wilf you dont really know lurchers anyway,how long have you owned this breed of dog and what is your experiance??????

I have owned lots of dogs of different breeds since I was old enough to take care of one........I didnt make my mind up about dogs overnight, I came to my own conclusions based on what I have experienced and what other people whos opinion I respect have said...........just like we all do with everything.

Its taken the best part of 40 years (a small part of that with lurchers)..........but I am still learning everyday and I am willing to take good advice from anyone, so if you have any handy tips please feel free to let me know :victory:

If a dog is not up to scratch then its PTS time I am afraid..........It not fair on the dog because you will quickly fall out of love with it, Its not fair on the owner because its soul destroying and it puts an end to the chance of more shite being bred.

That said, I have rehomed a dog before...........but I made sure it was the right home and the dog went free of charge.

I wouldnt do it again.

Wilf, this is not a critique', but how many dogs have you went through, until you have got the dog that is "up to scratch" ? Is a dog that may not be the "ideal"; not good enough to be given a permenant home ?? I am a person who has spent a lifetime looking for the "DOG", but am sensible enough to realise it ain't gonna happen !!!

Cheers.

Its a sensable post........to be honest, I have not gone through many (1 or 2).........but I belive that there are certain things you want your dog to do, there is one main criteria........it may do lots of other stuff well, or to a standard but it may not be able to fulfill the main criteria.......so what ever else it can do becomes meaningless.

Some dogs you just know its gonna be a wrongun from the start.........I had one that I knew was wrong from the start, but I had spoken for it so I kept my word.........I tryed, I really did but I hope that I have enough sense to know when I am flogging a totally dead horse........these are the type not to breed from, and belive me, some fecker will given the chance.

My philosphy has changed, I used to think like many who have replyed to this thread.......untill I REALLY thought about it, I have had a rescue dog.........seen the these poor bloody creatures and I wouldnt inflict that on any animal or give someone else the chance to do it.

I also want to hunt, so I must have a dog that is capable of hunting to a fair standard.......you wouldnt own a gun that didnt fire.

Hope that is some sort of awnser.

Well........ you wouldn't buy a gun that didn't fire !! So why buy a pup that wasn't bred to "fire" ??? Genuine people buying genuine pups, and working them, won't go far wrong !!

Cheers.

not all well bred pups will work

Of course you are only looking for an argument !! But a well bred pup in the right hands will allways be better than a cur in the wrong hands !!

Cheers.

Of course you are only looking for an argument !! But a well bred pup in the right hands will allways be better than a cur in the wrong hands !!

Cheers.

most sensible thing written on here in ages........ the next battle is stopping people thinking their crap dogs are good and breeding from them.

Guest Rabbiteer
wilf you dont really know lurchers anyway,how long have you owned this breed of dog and what is your experiance??????

I have owned lots of dogs of different breeds since I was old enough to take care of one........I didnt make my mind up about dogs overnight, I came to my own conclusions based on what I have experienced and what other people whos opinion I respect have said...........just like we all do with everything.

Its taken the best part of 40 years (a small part of that with lurchers)..........but I am still learning everyday and I am willing to take good advice from anyone, so if you have any handy tips please feel free to let me know :victory:

SO HOW LONG WITH LURCHERS?????????????????????????

Guest Rabbiteer

i for one isnt looking to argue,but certain people got a very knowldgable person kicked of and i would like to know there experiance on the breed it would be very interesting and wink hound that applies to you as well as wilf

Cheers.

a cur is no good in anyones hands iv a saying four what i do to dogs that fail :thumbs:

iv had the best bread dogs/bitchs that would not even show 25% of what the sire & dam were....

i for one isnt looking to argue,but certain people got a very knowldgable person kicked of and i would like to know there experiance on the breed it would be very interesting and wink hound that applies to you as well as wilf

:laugh::laugh: Ahh, now I see what your point is............how pathetic!!..........this was a decent and interesting thread, but you are obviously just as much of an idiot as your idol.

Thats the end of this thread then, now go and suckle from the masters tit :yes:

Cheers.

most sensible thing written on here in ages........ the next battle is stopping people thinking their crap dogs are good and breeding from them.

There are far to many people breeding from dogs that have done nowt and bitches that are far to young !! My own bitch is 3 1/2 year old and has taken everything, will I breed from her...... yes if she has another three seasons of work equivelant to what she has allready done, and I can find a stud who is better than her at what she does, and MAYBE, then she will be bred from !

Cheers.

I am on my 9th dog this season cant find a decent all round lurcher wheres that kreet??? He had some topper dogs for sale..........

i have a lot of work for myn,i gell with some i dont with others and that can have nothing to do with work ability,then some make or progress well and others dont,if they dont should i just keep them anyway????? even some top breeders keep 3/4 pups out of a litter then only end up keeping one back and outing others,i cant afford to keep none workers or dongs i just dont like, they work to my standards or they go. what is the point in having a pre ban fox dog that wont take foxes ect dont make sense,i see that some people have them more as pets and they are there freinds and they put up with its imerfections no matter what, myn are kept different,i am different,i dont disagree with how anyone runs there dogs as long as they are looked after,as for rehoming ive tried it and its not for me.you can have a f****d old car and you manage with it or you can get a merc and do it in style

each to thereown and no one is wrong in this thread just different

i think you will find that wilf and winkhound know and do a little more than you are insinuating them of, just because someone posts a few pictures of dead rabbits every other day doesnt mean they are the god of the lurcher world :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest Rabbiteer
SO HOW LONG WITH LURCHERS?????????????????????????

I have owned lurchers for about 6 years.........your point is?

you questioned markbrick and took the piss,you couldnt lace his boots when it comes to runnin dogs