hard dogs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dillon

Having never used super glue, is the stuff you get in the corner shop (the stuff that sticks yr fecking fingers together) safe enough to use, ie is there anything in the ingredients damaging once in the blood stream ?

:D:D:D i only asked if anyone has ever used one for cuts on terriers,not for childish people to slag each other of,calling people names over a computer is really childish,and why do people dismiss and run something down that they have never used and havnt a clue how works.
Guest mucker
Having never used super glue, is the stuff you get in the corner shop (the stuff that sticks yr fecking fingers together) safe enough to use, ie is there anything in the ingredients damaging once in the blood stream ?

from what i can gather there is a difference in these glues todays surgical glues are less or non toxic than what you buy from a shop.

there made up of proteins and other stuff that the body can absorb with out any ill affects.

where as the stuff you get from shops theres a chance of a reaction where its treated as a foreign body hence increaseing the risk of infection.

judging by the amount of lads use the normal stuff the chances of infection are slim specially if there backed up with a jab.

Super glue is safe I have used it for 15 years on horses and dogs and myself. It is the same as surgial glue just the solvan t ingred is different, but safe enough, just be sure to clean well and leave small opening at bottom for drainage . I glued a dumb horses face together with it when he head butted a tree, you cant even see the scar.

Im assuming this mag box is magnet therapy? ...... BS stuff, might as well use pixie dust too while your at it.

Have tried it on horses and i see no difference in healing. Time off and how they are brought back depends on how well muscle heals.IMO

Guest mucker
Super glue is safe I have used it for 15 years on horses and dogs and myself. It is the same as surgial glue just the solvan t ingred is different, but safe enough, just be sure to clean well and leave small opening at bottom for drainage . I glued a dumb horses face together with it when he head butted a tree, you cant even see the scar.

is it right that you invert the two edges of say a tear and when thats glued run another line of it?

could have saved my self some time n money had i give it ago in the past.but when in doubt and all that....

Guest Dillon

from what i can gather there is a difference in these glues todays surgical glues are less or non toxic than what you buy from a shop.

there made up of proteins and other stuff that the body can absorb with out any ill affects.

where as the stuff you get from shops theres a chance of a reaction where its treated as a foreign body hence increaseing the risk of infection.

judging by the amount of lads use the normal stuff the chances of infection are slim specially if there backed up with a jab.

Im assuming this mag box is magnet therapy? ...... BS stuff, might as well use pixie dust too while your at it.

Have tried it on horses and i see no difference in healing. Time off and how they are brought back depends on how well muscle heals.IMO

Cheers lads :good:

Guest Merlin

A doctor told me super glue contains a small amount of arsenic thats the only difference and its only a tiny amount at that, apparently deep ofshore fisherman use it instead of stitches God knows how true that is

I just try to line the edges together in their normal position and start a small line at the top, if it was a long line like the horse i did about 1/4 inch at a time let it dry till I left a 1/4 or less open at the bottom. Its good for facial wounds on a horse as its mainly skin and not deep muscle, I think in cases of a deep muscle type tear the staple gun haggler put up might be stronger. I have one of those too. Not all wounds should be closed at all however, my dog I think healed better this last time by letting it heal from the inside out , it took 2 months for it to fianlly close up, but I think if I had forced it close it would have been a mess!