Small Type Jack Russells

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine, 11 inches TTS:

post-8371-1226843516_thumb.jpg

She's just about a year old. That picture was taken after she went out ferreting with friends of mine and disappeared down an earth, and had to be dug out! :laugh:

I didn't really want her to go to ground yet, but ever since, she's a bugger for going down holes!

She seems game enough, the other week I let her outside for her last shit, and she saw a charlie coming out of a garden across the road, and gave chase. I couldn't get the little bitch back, she chased it all the way over to the next estate, baying like feck at it! :laugh:

H

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER

HERE'S DEVON AND SOMERST'S TERRIER PACK

EVERY ONE BRED FROM "LYNTON JACK"

NARROW AND STRAIGHT WITH NATURAL COATS,

POSSESSING PLUCK WORTH MANY GROUTS.

ARTHUR HEINEMANN 1925

dont know how true it is but breeding the smaller type of russels regularly is harder then breeding a strain or type of leggy ones?
THATS TRUE ITS A LOT HARDER TO BREED THEM DOWN THAN IT IS TO BREED THEM UP AND TO MAINTAIN THE GOOD WORKING QAULITYS .TAKES YEARS AND THEN YOU NEED YO GO OUT FOR A CROSS AND PERHAPS THE DOG DOSENT MATCH YOUR BITCH WHEN YOUVE WASTED TIME AND BACK TO WHERE YOU STARTED . JUST KEEP AT IT .
post-1857-1226846915.jpgmy short leg dog 10 years old got him to go rabbiting 10 years ago but went to fox one day had a few fox with im . good nose good finder good with rats
HES A CRACKER GOT A BITCH FOUR YEARS OLD THE SPIT OF SHES AREAL GUTSY LITTLE MARE . :yes:

Is right lads havent been on the tinterent for a few days some good pics there ..

Everyone seems to be singing off the same hymn sheet there dont seem to be that many small working stock around .. The jacks i keep i use just for ratting - the majority of the pups go to pet homes.

Not very good at putting pics up but here's a couple of my ratters.

img1875mo2.jpg

w766.png

img1901nj8.th.jpgthpix.gif

img1918zd3.th.jpgthpix.gif

img19032id5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Here's my russel he's 15 mnth old now, tried him in a pretty big place and followed him with the B + F, he worked the place brilliantly but nobody home. Will keep you all updated on his progress. Keen but yet to find.

Obviously the dog on the left.

O an the other dog is quiet big, Stan the russel is about 11" roughly tts.

post-11516-1226872535_thumb.jpg

Edited by STAN22

lived in a mineing village when we whr kids .. had little queen anne legged things all the lads on the estate had em the sire to most of em was called dino little fecker covered some miles saw him trying to mount the vicers lab once .. :D