What type of dog for deer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bull x always seems to get the job done!

Bollocks!! Why do people give shit remarks. Just because they have one!! And they think the sun shines out of bullx arses, and they are the only lurcher worthy of anything!!

I have two bullx... One which is standing at 27" at 7mth old!!! my other is doing most.... Yet my colliex is much tougher! cleverer! and braver! Just give your opinion and dont be as bold about them as everyone makes out..

It really gets up my ass!

They are the best at rabbiting! they were the best at hare before the ban! The others i wont mention, as i know they were the best at those before the ban. Now they are the best at Deer! Dont tell me they used to run the scottish mountains before the ban and flatten stag!! And soon theyy will be using thnem to kill all the panthers in GB!!!!!!!

if the fellas got bulls x that he thinks could do the job pre ban wots it got to do with you. dont get arsey just because yours are not up to it?

Guest world.hunters

A good decent sized collie cross id say to take a variety of deer i think some heavey crosses can be a little slow as some of the deer i have seen cant half motor, but that is just my opionion.

W.h

A good decent sized collie cross id say to take a variety of deer i think some heavey crosses can be a little slow as some of the deer i have seen cant half motor, but that is just my opionion.

W.h

collie x for me to. my old dog gave me good sport on most things it ran,

W.h

ill second that ! :clapper:

ive been dogginging over 30 years and ive seen alot of firstx bulls running deer (PREBAN) and to be honest i wouldnt have 1 in my kennels , with out a scuby doo they wouldnt catch diddley jack :censored: .

ive seen heinz beans bred lurchers destroy deer on foot :big_boss:

so to be honest i think its hit or miss if you have a deer dog, if the dogs going to do it it will do it and it dont matter whats init other than a large heart . :tongue2:

I heard there is a type of lurcher called Minshaw's that used to do quite well on deer.

For Old Dears I would use a Shipman cross.

:clapper::clapper:

Your getting on in years yourself inan so just be carefull if your GP starts trying to dual role as your financial advisor :laugh:

I heard there is a type of lurcher called Minshaw's that used to do quite well on deer.

For Old Dears I would use a Shipman cross.

:clapper::clapper:

Your getting on in years yourself inan so just be carefull if your GP starts trying to dual role as your financial advisor :laugh:

My GP is a big Nigerian guy,I asked for a prostrate test the other week ,but made sure it was the blood test ,not the digital one ,he has fingers like sausages!

My GP is a big Nigerian guy,I asked for a prostrate test the other week ,but made sure it was the blood test ,not the digital one ,he has fingers like sausages!

Dont be tempted to get invloved in any computer or phone dating scams what are popular with Nigerians, because if you end off in the big house a black digit may be the smallest thing going up your rear :sick: :laugh:

Edited by joe ox

Dont be tempted to get invloved in any computer or phone scams with him, because if you end off in the big house a black digit may be the smallest thing going up your rear :sick: :laugh:

I'll remember your advice,I want to die a virgin, [ rectally speaking].

Maltenby, Jesus, lets not start yet another bitching fest. I was a simple question, o.k sorry i left a few words out. dont shot me down for it. It was a genuine question as im interesed.

I'm not shooting anybody down or bitching, oh forget it. :wallbash:

Anybody with an ounce of sense knows that this place is monitored by more than one group with an agenda opposite to our own, I just wish people would use some sense, god knows how many people up & down the country get heat put on them because of threads like this.

These threads not only educate the likes of you, but also other people.

Who's to say that you want the infomation for reasons other than your own? You could be anybody, after all...

does it realy matter if you say pre ban or not,the antis watching this site arnt that stupid to think for one minuite you f****n mean it so i say f**k em, and dont bend over for the wankers

Obviously in the past this is what i would look for...

A good sized dog of 25/27" at the shoulder, well made. Fast dog, which has confidence in its job.

Forget 'this cross and that cross is better than this cross for deer etc', a good deer dog put to a good deer dog, is what matters....

The most important point is a dog that gets the job done quickly when it gets his chance, not a dog that runs them too long or a haunch muncher.

Some of you lads will get found out, your post says how LITTLE you know, so why comment like you do? To contemplate running a little dog on a red hind, is embarrassing enough, let alone admitting it on a open forum, tits :thumbdown:

:clapper::clapper: enuf said