Checking a few earths

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about democracy? look at the views, its a topical topic, why pull it? or is it going into a backscatchers club with one way approved traffic only? and selective posters only allowed so long as they say what you want to hear? its a sad day if thats the case

I think the thread should stay up, it really is amazing to see these people dig the holes deeper for themselves,. Possibily the only digging they've ever done. Shame Keeps WORKING thread has been totally ruined, (apology for my part in that J). But a worthy sacrifice IMO.

Have you no concept at all of whats really going on in the breed?, this is the whole reason the political situation now exists in the plummer world, it started when Brian Plummer introduced new blood (using bull terrier)over 10 yrs ago) i must add bull terrier was used rather than a russell (which again is a composite) etc as it is the purest of the terrier blood and carries the least faults and doesnt carry the dimorphism gene which we still see in some pure bred plummers today . The pta, then run by glen welsby who didnt agree it was needed ,refused to acknowledge it, and then threw brian plummer, bill mossman, and the likes of curtis price plus many more out of the club for even thinking about it - Hence the reason for the working plummer register/database set up in 1998(no not the one jan smith plagerised the name from, the original and true one, long before she had even heard about plummer terriers) it was set up to track the progress of the new blood, but by then welsby had thrown many other people from the pta, such as alan dungworth and many more , hence the database was opened up to all.

When the hunting bill was introduced Brian said in order to be politicaly correct we needed to change the name, in order to widen the audience plus formalise the register as a breed society working for the dogs, hence the name change from the Working Plummer Register to the PTCGB in 2002/3.

The dogs dont need a working register, the dogs need committed people who are not one dimentional and wish to see the breed flourish, and lets face it , just how many people who say they work their dogs really do? and by that I mean really put them out there to test them?

We have three dogs out in work at the moment, plus the ones I work from home, no pictures, no stories its not needed in order to seek acceptance or glory, there is nothing to prove - however if you wish to distance yourself, shoot yourself in the foot, go ahead, split!!!, do it publicly!!! and begone, but in years to come dont come screaming back wanting to use ptcgb dogs with your unregisterd ones, it just wont happen, perhaps now is the time to choose?

Excellent summary :clapper:

you will see if you check all my posts i'm not nasty to anyone. or at least try not to be. i try to be constructive and i find a lot of plummer politics confusing. firstly i'm not really interested in the past. but more the here and now. and the future

i like the outcross dogs. ive seen some of yours and to be honest i find them tidy enough terriers that look capable of doing a job of work . however the bull blood used was a mix of bull lines including english bull.. it seems to me a newcomer to the breed that the breed do need someone to lookout for the working side . i dont need exeptance ive kept terriers for work in one form or another for over 30 years this is a hunting site i post hunting pics and posts that is what the site is about all other things are side issues. i cant be kicked out of any plummer club as i'm not in any. there is no plummer organisations that cater for the working side of the breed . it seems to me reading between the lines the splits are the same now as in tha past. the working enthusiast feel that the breed is being ruined by the KC. brigade and vice versa.

I think the thread should stay up, it really is amazing to see these people dig the holes deeper for themselves,. Possibily the only digging they've ever done. Shame Keeps WORKING thread has been totally ruined, (apology for my part in that J). But a worthy sacrifice IMO.

waz your right but its a shame when someone puts up a good post only to be turned into all this sh*te dont you think,,,

Have you no concept at all of whats really going on in the breed?, this is the whole reason the political situation now exists in the plummer world, it started when Brian Plummer introduced new blood (using bull terrier)over 10 yrs ago) i must add bull terrier was used rather than a russell (which again is a composite) etc as it is the purest of the terrier blood and carries the least faults and doesnt carry the dimorphism gene which we still see in some pure bred plummers today . The pta, then run by glen welsby who didnt agree it was needed ,refused to acknowledge it, and then threw brian plummer, bill mossman, and the likes of curtis price plus many more out of the club for even thinking about it - Hence the reason for the working plummer register/database set up in 1998(no not the one jan smith plagerised the name from, the original and true one, long before she had even heard about plummer terriers) it was set up to track the progress of the new blood, but by then welsby had thrown many other people from the pta, such as alan dungworth and many more , hence the database was opened up to all.

When the hunting bill was introduced Brian said in order to be politicaly correct we needed to change the name, in order to widen the audience plus formalise the register as a breed society working for the dogs, hence the name change from the Working Plummer Register to the PTCGB in 2002/3.

The dogs dont need a working register, the dogs need committed people who are not one dimentional and wish to see the breed flourish, and lets face it , just how many people who say they work their dogs really do? and by that I mean really put them out there to test them?

We have three dogs out in work at the moment, plus the ones I work from home, no pictures, no stories its not needed in order to seek acceptance or glory, there is nothing to prove - however if you wish to distance yourself, shoot yourself in the foot, go ahead, split!!!, do it publicly!!! and begone, but in years to come dont come screaming back wanting to use ptcgb dogs with your unregisterd ones, it just wont happen, perhaps now is the time to choose?

Excellent summary :clapper:

you will see if you check all my posts i'm not nasty to anyone. or at least try not to be. i try to be constructive and i find a lot of plummer politics confusing. firstly i'm not really interested in the past. but more the here and now. and the future

i like the outcross dogs. ive seen some of yours and to be honest i find them tidy enough terriers that look capable of doing a job of work . however the bull blood used was a mix of bull lines including english bull.. it seems to me a newcomer to the breed that the breed do need someone to lookout for the working side . i dont need exeptance ive kept terriers for work in one form or another for over 30 years this is a hunting site i post hunting pics and posts that is what the site is about all other things are side issues. i cant be kicked out of any plummer club as i'm not in any. there is no plummer organisations that cater for the working side of the breed . it seems to me reading between the lines the splits are the same now as in tha past. the working enthusiast feel that the breed is being ruined by the KC. brigade and vice versa.

Someone else said that recently, Andy you know I sent it to you, empty words, “not interested in the past†the only way the issues regarding the Plummer Terrier will ever get home, is to sit round a table, bash it out. Those that are happy with things the way they are, that's fine, different stokes different folks.

I would like to add to my last post, that it is a shame that this topic has moved away from the lovely photo’s put on by keeps, however this topic has gained passé and there is obviously interest in it, perhaps the mods could move the unrelated post to another heading.

Edited by Graham Nicholson
shiny spad

there is no plummer organisations that cater for the working side of the breed

well said

there was at one time until all its members who wanted to talk worker to worker breeding or do there own thing got booted.

Perhaps it's time to let bygones be bygones then - a fresh start. Otherwise round you go again, it’s surly not about being rude to each other, or about whether you like each other, I have staff I don’t get on that well with but there good at their job and make me money.

Edited by Graham Nicholson

Oh I see entrapment, :clapper: yawn, and I thought you like J had a genuine interest, all you are interesting in is feathering your own nest with approved(your approved that is) wannabees, who again i might add uses dogs bred my me or at least carry my dogs bloodlines, but do take good story pictures

Oh I see entrapment, :clapper: yawn, and I thought you like J had a genuine interest, all you are interesting in is feathering your own nest with approved(your approved that is) wannabees, who again i might add uses dogs bred my me or at least carry my dogs bloodlines, but do take good story pictures

10/22

Do you want to send some dogs to Ireland to gain some work and test them out?

Voon

voon, you admitted yourself, you are anovice, now lets think about it, do I want to send a product of over 10 yrs hard work into the hands of a novice, when I already have dogs in ireland - hmmmmmmmmmmmm,errrr Nope :D

voon, you admitted yourself, you are anovice, now lets think about it, do I want to send a product of over 10 yrs hard work into the hands of a novice, when I already have dogs in ireland - hmmmmmmmmmmmm,errrr Nope :D

Not a novice with regard to working terriers 10/22 at it 30 years now. Dont know a whole lot about plummers alright only had 2 and bred one litter. Do you want to send me on details of the people with your blood in Ireland or send on my details and we'll see can do something with them. How much you looking for a pup?

Voon.

wouldnt sell or let you have one of my dogs or puppies if you were the last person alive voon, i'd stop having litters altogether if you and your ilk were the only homes on offer, I think more of my dogs than to give them the sort of life you would offer - ask keeps, welsby or the pta for a pup - as for giving you the locations of my dogs in ireland, yeah right, you just keep wishing

wouldnt sell or let you have one of my dogs or puppies if you were the last person alive voon, i'd stop having litters altogether if you and your ilk were the only homes on offer, I think more of my dogs than to give them the sort of life you would offer - ask keeps, welsby or the pta for a pup - as for giving you the locations of my dogs in ireland, yeah right, you just keep wishing

Thats last post show's everyone on here extactly what kind of tosser you are. this is a working terrier forum. bring your bullshit somewhere else. You know nothing of me and my ilk.

Voon.