Winchester .22 Ammo

I use winnies, fired off 300+ this week not one problem. still wouldnt mind having a go with rws though, as i here they are very good.Happy hunting :)

RWS have a bigger grouping than Wini subs in my CZ. i did a post on it a couple of months back. But they would still be usable.

Interestingly enough, i have never had one jam or misfire with Wini subs, and i use a good few...

Matt

Have you had any of the new batch of winchesters matty, also how olds your CZ?

I have bought some the other day, seem to shoot fine, is there a batch number on them? is it sequential. I have recently changed my CZ, it is maybe about 6 months old..

Matt

I find winnies great in my .22lr lux, but they have a good coating of wax which seems to build up in my chamber and stop the bolt pulling the casing out after 200 rounds.

But they group better then remmies which are cleaner and cheaper! :o

Now I need to find a good cheap bore snake to take out with me and the problem should be solved.

Cheers tim.

I find that the wins certainly have the edge on the stopping power... They have a much larger hollow point compared to the eley which i guess gives them a better whack power. I've shot both for years and never really noticed too much of a difference. Its only when i started using a rimfire range that i noticed that the eley were a lot more accurate in my CZ. Both of these will still probably out-shoot the shooter... i have no experiance with any other brands.

I actually preferred the winchester but with my having ejector problems and spent shells sticking in, it really put me off, I was missing lots because of constant jams... So i'm told, winchester have increased the casing size slightly, there doesn't seem to be a problem with other guns, just supposedly newish CZ's .... :( Well I've had problems..... would be intresting to see over the coming months if anyone else has issues.. thats with winchesters that not in general :D

• 1 month later...
I actually preferred the winchester but with my having ejector problems and spent shells sticking in, it really put me off, I was missing lots because of constant jams... So i'm told, winchester have increased the casing size slightly, there doesn't seem to be a problem with other guns, just supposedly newish CZ's .... :( Well I've had problems..... would be intresting to see over the coming months if anyone else has issues.. thats with winchesters that not in general :D

Hello.

Sorry to drag this topic out of the archives but I have had 2 spent shells sticking in the new CZ using winchester in the last couple of days.

Overall they work and do the job better than average and eject no probs but now I am conscious of it and thinking it will happen again.

( I never had any bother with winchester and my old mod2 brno )

I have asked the dealers if this has been a problem with any of the other new CZ's they have sold and they reckon it is rare but the odd person has mentioned it.

They say the same that has been mentioned on here "winchester have a smaller casing size" and also they are a very "waxy round".

I am disappointed because I do not want to start using other brands of ammunition.

I am on my way now for a new brick of Winchesters ( supposed to be the new batch ) at the inflated price :o

Cheers