ALFIE'S FIRST RABBIT

just thought id share the pics of alfie and his first lamped rabbit

went out last thursday with him lamped a field with 2 rabbits close to each other , slipped alfie one squated the other ran so alfie being alfie took after the runner , this one stayed squatted so called alfie back grabbed his collar and walked up to this one ..

rabbit took off running alfie turned it twice then struck , brought it back live to hand with no messing about , i went to take it off him and he let it go before i had hold lol . so off he went again and picked it back up and brought back live again .

This time i got a good hold of the rabbit lol. didnt slip him again as i was happy with how he done

4.jpg

2-1.jpg

well done chid.

what cross is he?

now your askin summat lol

he is beddy/whippet/wheaton/bull/grey

if i got this right he was a half x beddy/whippet to a half x wheaton/grey put back to a 5/8 grey 3/8 bull

Ps happy birthday to Alfie on wednesday from Scooby :)

I'm gonna take Scoob out for a birthday lamp.

Cheers, Gnipper

cheers lol

didnt know the exact date he was born but i do now ;)

im not gonna run alfie for a few weeks now. be moving soon so rest him ready for a few nights over in NI lol

Scooby retrieved his first toothed quarry last night single handed :victory:

He also took 8 rabbits early this week and he had a 6 and a partridge the week before. He's doing everything I ask of him including ferreting, bushing etc. Need to fine tune his ferreting and marking but you can't fault him really when he's just turned 12 months.

Good luck with Alfie