Pups first rabbit.

Took him out last friday to let him see a few. Gave him two short runs just to see if he was keen. Unfortunatly he missed both. Took him out for his normal walk this evening and he saw the flash of tail and let him go, caught it after 70yds and a couple of turns. Straight back to hand alive and un-munched, all that training seams to have paid off. Just got to restrain myself now as he is only seven months tomorow, I'll just give him a short run every other week until he's one. I was like a dog with two d**ks let alone him. :dance:

post-22271-1224016636_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks a cracking dog givein time he will turn owt wonders for you

jp

Cheers Jordy. He's my first lurcher. My brother used to run a couple of dogs a few years ago and that gave me the bug. Could have bought a made up dog but decided to have a go training my own. Worth every minute I've put in to him. Self restraint the problem now. :rolleyes:

Took him out last friday to let him see a few. Gave him two short runs just to see if he was keen. Unfortunatly he missed both. Took him out for his normal walk this evening and he saw the flash of tail and let him go, caught it after 70yds and a couple of turns. Straight back to hand alive and un-munched, all that training seams to have paid off. Just got to restrain myself now as he is only seven months tomorow, I'll just give him a short run every other week until he's one. I was like a dog with two d**ks let alone him. :dance:

i like the look of him hows he bred :good:

The 1st of many to come. Well done. I would hold him back a little now, however tempting it is to continue, 7 months plenty of growing to do and training to continue with him. Patience will bring awards, he is your hunting tool for many years to come. :thumbs:

Congratulations! :clapper: My one year old JRT caught her first rabbit about 3 weeks ago in a hedge. I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer for my Beddi/whippet to catch his first, he's only 10 weeks old! :laugh::thumbs: