I'm sorry, but I don't see the point in killing something for fun or just for the experience. My way of hunting has always been that if it's not a problem, or you can't eat it, leave it alone.

Each to their own though! :thumbs:

i take it you dont live in the country

i find them easy to catch in see saw traps.they do take eggs and nestlings.i saw one have a nest full of song

thrushes one by one did not know it was a weasel till i see it in the nest looking over with the last young in its mouth.

they are no good where small chicks are. but they do eat a lot of mice and voles. i have kept them on and of for years

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u203/1f...28house0008.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Pegandgun, the little fellas don't do any harm.

get a grip ya know feck all !! :wallbash:

They take a few eggs and chicks, so fecking what! Sheep will to if they are hard pressed.

'SO FECKING WHAT'....... try running a grouse moor when EVERY chick counts!!

100% mate, Vermin is vermin and needs controlling. :big_boss:

I don't run a grouse moor, so consequently I don't give a F**k.

Wey if you dont give a f**k, you shouldnt have made a post, and a missleading one at that!

You told the lad that 'they do no harm', which is bollocks!

sorry for ranting on lads.....

Edited by Netter
I'm sorry, but I don't see the point in killing something for fun or just for the experience. My way of hunting has always been that if it's not a problem, or you can't eat it, leave it alone.

I do actually, but does that mean I should kill everything that I can, just because it's on the vermin list?

Never heard of a general license?

I get enough enjoyment out of hunting food for myself or my animals, or taking care of vermin that need taking care of.

I don't feel the need to just go out, and kill for the sake of killing.

Jog on....

I do actually, but does that mean I should kill everything that I can, just because it's on the vermin list?

I get enough enjoyment out of hunting food for myself or my animals, or taking care of vermin that need taking care of.

Jog on....

so what vemin needs taking care of ??? why shoot a fox but not a mustalid ?? things get on the vermin list because it is for the good of the country side in general to keep there numbers as low as possible.. FACT .. wether its done by a keeper like myself or a fecking ned in a shell suit and nikey trainers, it makes no difference, they need controling.. some folk really need to take a long look at the bigger picture.. oh and have a read of your last sentance, lol, what a classic comment to a thread on vermin...

and dogs n natives.. :clapper: your right .. if netter dont give a feck then why bother getting involved in this thread.... grade a plank me thinks...............

Edited by alimac
so what vemin needs taking care of ??? why shoot a fox but not a mustalid ?? things get on the vermin list because it is for the good of the country side in general to keep there numbers as low as possible.. FACT .. wether its done by a keeper like myself or a fecking ned in a shell suit and nikey trainers, it makes no difference, they need controling.. some folk really need to take a long look at the bigger picture.. oh and have a read of your last sentance, lol, what a classic comment to a thread on vermin...

and dogs n natives.. :clapper: your right .. if netter dont give a feck then why bother getting involved in this thread.... grade a plank me thinks...............

So you're saying that you've got a reason to control weasels/stoats/foxes whatever? Big deal, you've got cause to. People in your line of work have done it since way before your time, and will be doing it long after.

I wasn't having a pop at you or anyone else for that matter. If you took the time to read my post, you would see that at the end, I stated 'Each to their own.'

I was just giving my opinion and my view on the subject, I'm neither condemning nor condoning, and I'm as entitled to give my opinion as anybody else.

Like I said on an earlier post, If you've got mustelids taking your eggs or your chicks then fair game, go catch your vermin. If not and it's just because you've got a mk4 in the shed and nothing better to do then err .................. find something better to do.

You can't eat them so wait until they step out of line.

As far as I know the General Licences don't apply to vermin like weasels and stoats (and Polecats are fully protected).

Edited by zig zag wanderer

So unless you believe that all Weasles should be killed in the interest of game preseravtion (even if we dont all run grouse moors) You should keep your opinions to yourself.

I quite like seeing them, even if that means me being a plank or being accused of knowing feck all about the well being of the British countryside.

Guest blackntan

Jog on....

YOU MUST HAVE LOADS OF TIME ON YOU HANDS TO RUN A TRAPPING LINE ALL YEAR ROUND SIR
Guest blackntan
[]YOU MUST HAVE LOADS OF TIME ON YOU HANDS TO RUN A TRAPPING LINE ALL YEAR ROUND SIR

Loads of keepers have to run traps all year

, MARCH, APRIL,MAY, IF DONE RIGHT STOATS, WEASELS, HEADGE PIGS, , THE ODD RAT AND SQIRRELLS THE REST OF THE YEAR, MOORLAND KEEPERS MAY KEEP THEM RUNNING , WASTE OF TIME FOR A LOWLAND KEEPER AFTER MAY, AS TO BUSY REARING KEEP SNARS GOING THRU THE SUMMER , DEPENDS HOW YOU BEEN TAUGHT THOU I SUPPOSE