right, I need putting straight lol

Right. I have seen loads on THL about people finding it hard to get permission. I dont understand this as where I live people come and find you and ask you to do some rabbiting. so is it as hard as people really make out? i have never been turned down for permission and neither have any of my mates so is it just because there are more rabbits in cornwall?

Right. I have seen loads on THL about people finding it hard to get permission. I dont understand this as where I live people come and find you and ask you to do some rabbiting. so is it as hard as people really make out? i have never been turned down for permission and neither have any of my mates so is it just because there are more rabbits in cornwall?

Cornish landowners haven't had some of the hassles that "Up country" ones have. I know this from experience. Countrymen round here (mostly) are that. I pick up new permission all the time, seldom knowing the people before I ask. There's a lot of

"so called" countrymen around, the greater the population of an area, the more wannabees/neverwillbees. there are. We have a low population compared to the size of the area and so more of a "local" feeling.

Apologies and no disrespect to ALL genuine country men "up country" and also for my etended use of " "s. Cheers, D.

I guess it must be where you all live & so on as i live in London but i regulary go out all of hertfordshire & Essex where my partner is from & i personally find it basically impossible & when i do really try & speak to the landowners i get the regular thanks but no thanks, I only wish ii had the availability some of you guys do...

Obviously me living in London makes it nearly impossible anyway as there aint much farm land around here but i travel over herts & Essex pretty much every night of the week & see alot of the landowners quite alot but i just dont seem to have the luck.

So i'll bring my dogs to Cornwall for the weekend lol

i would imagine, living on a farm as you do will, gives you the upper edge when it comes to permission, landowners would/will probably feel more comfortable giving permission, knowing that you'll respect there land, compared to a stranger asking for permission on their land

I am lucky enough to work in pest control, therefore alot of my permissions, come way of that, but few years back when I lived in london, not a chance

Guest hyperion

i never had a problem getting permission when i lived in cornwall!, turn up at the farm "hello chap can i shoot some rabbits?" go right ahead boy!

i moved to dorset two years ago and ive only just found some where to shoot/hunt and then i had to pay for it!

come to think about it ive still got permission for two farms near liskard as far as i know! lol!

cheers

hyperion

i never had a problem getting permission when i lived in cornwall!, turn up at the farm "hello chap can i shoot some rabbits?" go right ahead boy!

i moved to dorset two years ago and ive only just found some where to shoot/hunt and then i had to pay for it!

come to think about it ive still got permission for two farms near liskard as far as i know! lol!

cheers

hyperion

hope your not on my permission :tongue2:

Up here in the Scottish Borders permission is not too difficult to find if you stick to your immediate area. If it is shooting country get to know the keepers, and remember to say that you are a member of WHATEVER and you have insurance in place. Everybody is paranoid about being sued.

:victory:

Round here its getting your foot in the door so to speak

It took Sweepy years to get any permission round here.

Then he offered to beat for the farmer one year.

By the end of the season. He had landed himself two farms for pest control.

I have now lost count of how many farms he works.

He also showing our son the ropes so he has the helper .And at some stage he will pass on some of his permission to the boy.

I think what it comes to round here is that you have to prove yourself to the landowners.

But i have also heard though the grapevine that the lot of shooters are giving up their permission as they just cant afford to get out as often as they want to.

So more land is becoming free.

xxxxsuzy

I find if the ground got a shoot on it or by it,they dont wont lurchers on theground. :thumbdown: . You will find, the people who do the beating for the keeper get the ground. You have more chance on just farm ground, where there is stock. As some farmers like to keep the rabbits down were sheep+cattle graze. You should be ok for ferret'in, but not so with a lurcher. :thumbdown: Even in this

day and age, there is still a [sTIGMA] to be the owner of a lurcher :censored: . All you can do is try

get the land owners trust, and maybe he might let you bring your dog on.

BIRD

You may be right there stubby as i probably know quite a few more landowners than most. But twice i have had permission and they came and asked me whether they could let anyone else on the land other than me. I was suprised, after all its there land.