barb wire

i went out this morning and went for a course,not much about,on the way back my whippetxgrey jumped a barb wire fence the fence was about five feet high and then two layers of barb wire on it(no need for it) my bitch got her leg caught in it and the skin peeled of from just under her tale right to her bottom nuckle on both sides ,i just phoned the vet and they are still operating,i hope she will be ok as she is only 15 month old and is coming on great,i just can't understand why farmers need fences with wire this way...

i went out this morning and went for a course,not much about,on the way back my whippetxgrey jumped a barb wire fence the fence was about five feet high and then two layers of barb wire on it(no need for it) my bitch got her leg caught in it and the skin peeled of from just under her tale right to her bottom nuckle on both sides ,i just phoned the vet and they are still operating,i hope she will be ok as she is only 15 month old and is coming on great,i just can't understand why farmers need fences with wire this way...

totally agree with ya mate,that stuff is terrible and all my dogs have scars from the stuff and i have got hefty vet bills also,but its just part and parcell of goin huntin no matter how much we hate the stuff,hope your bitch has a speedy recovery kid.

regards IP

cheers irishpup phoned the vet there she's out of surgery doin well,iv'e to phone back at half four to see hows she's doin...

its awfull stuff that barbwire and i dont reckon its needed they say its to keep stock in iv seen cattle and horses scratch there selfs on it its not a detterent normal wire could keep them in the same,theres no need for the stuff.

Edited by darza

hope shes ok! its just dangerous to all animals & humans! specially puttin it low! its pointless stuff not needed. wont put it up around my animals! think it ment stop cows & horses leanin over fence to eat grass etc. if they had enough green grass wont try to.

totally agree with ya mate,that stuff is terrible and all my dogs have scars from the stuff and i have got hefty vet bills also,but its just part and parcell of goin huntin no matter how much we hate the stuff,hope your bitch has a speedy recovery kid.

regards IP

cheers irishpup phoned the vet there she's out of surgery doin well,iv'e to phone back at half four to see hows she's doin...

any updates on her kid?

i phoned the vet there he say's he's happy way it went alot of stitches she was just comeing round when i phoned,he says he doesn't think there is any muscle damage and cos i got her there quick most of the skin was still ok,a few month's rest ahead of her but thank god she's ok,he said it was like a roe deer's leg once skint,thank goodness the skin all stayed on at the bottom of her leg or it could have been alot worse...

the main thing is that she will recover...was touch in go with my wippet for a while but after 6 months healing and 2 operations later he is ok now and pickin a few...in this pic you can see the scar on his side

That is a nasty old wound mate,..but he has obviously made a good recovery....

My wee pal copped a minor tear a while back,.. :doh:

Occupational hazard I suppose,...but,..its shite stuff..I hate the fecking wire... :angry:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

cid_00057132030122007-2eac.jpg