bitch wont stand

Guest burnley poacher

Guest burnley poacher

i have a 3 and half year old greyhound salukie bitch when she in season i take her to my mates as he has a very good dog but she just wont stand she flurts and lookes like she gona stand but when the dog tries to mount she keeps dodgeing and wont let him on i took her on the 12th day and the day after and the day after that but no joy has eney one had this problem with there bitch?? please let me know thanks lads :wallbash:

Guest oldskool

i had a wee bitch belonging to the mrs that went through the motions but wouldnt stand... after pestering a few lads on the site to get a whippet stud she wouldnt stand and i missed her... if she comes in heat again i'll hold her till the jobs done... sometimes it can just be down to the stud dog not being dominant enough... a terrier bitch i had came in heat and would stand for no other dog except for the feckin collie.. he was able to bully her into mating even when she was just past her heat...

post-2356-1223186864_thumb.jpg

Guest jbswildlife

take the both dogs out into a field a let them run together whilst doing this keep stopping and slow the dogs down. the male will try it on every time until she lets him. if he manages to get on the soft ground will help him hold her

have a pre-mate test done to make sure she is in the correct time in her cycle as not all bitches are ready bang on 12 days as most books seem to tell us and may have been ready at 8-10 days all bitches are different then if she is ready and still not standing get an AI kit and AI the bitch

Edited by Chaz
i have a 3 and half year old greyhound salukie bitch when she in season i take her to my mates as he has a very good dog but she just wont stand she flurts and lookes like she gona stand but when the dog tries to mount she keeps dodgeing and wont let him on i took her on the 12th day and the day after and the day after that but no joy has eney one had this problem with there bitch?? please let me know thanks lads :wallbash:

i have heard travel pills used to calm a nervis bitch but you would have to run that past a VET before trying firstly i would look at we things like are his nails hurting her etc good luck its never easy if you want it to happen :thumbs:

Guest burnley poacher
have a pre-mate test done to make sure she is in the correct time in her cycle as not all bitches are ready bang on 12 days as most books seem to tell us and may have been ready at 8-10 days all bitches are different then if she is ready and still not standing get an AI kit and AI the bitch
WHATS AN AI KIT MATE THANKS
Guest burnley poacher

TRIED HOLDING HER SHE SCREAMS HER HEAD OFF ITS NOT THE DOG COZ HE HAS LINED LOADS OF BITCHES ITS JUST MY DOG SHE THINKS SHE A PROPPER WORKING CLASS WOMAN IF SHE HAS KIDS SHE CANT WORK